Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Android & Google Play Issues

Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #1
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
Android & Google Play Issues

I'm looking for someone who knows a thing or two about Android's. I just picked up a Galaxy Note 2, after playing with it for a couple days I decided to root it. I installed the Jedi-X ROM, which is pretty cool.

The problem is that I cannot install any apps when I'm surfing the Google Play store on my PC. I click on the install button, Google tells me the app will be installed shortly, but it never is installed. I have no problem installing apps via the Google Play app on my phone though.

I've tried rebooting the phone and clearing the cache on my PC, but that did not fix the problem. Any one have any other suggestions?
Old 12-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
I wonder if it's something the developers of Jedi-X put in to disallow remotely installed apps? I'm just guessing...
Or was it something about this rom (or any custom rom?) that breaks remote Play store installs?
Old 12-09-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
Proud to be Awesome
Twiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shedTwiget is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: U.S.S. San Jacinto (CG-56)
Twiget's Tacoma Gallery
I've emailed the developer to see what he has to say. I was just taking a shot in the dark that someone here might have experienced the same issue.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
i think the links on your desktop for apps are just supposed to direct you to the app IN the play store. if you end up downloading an APK, you also need to download a file or root manager to install it from /system/downloads. i always use root explorer, its easy, and prob the best file manager out there, but will cost you a few bucks.

anyways, if youre talking about installing an app to your PC, you cant do it that im aware of. if you see an app link while surfing on your phone, it should just direct you to the app in the play store. android apps are not made to run on PC's, Android is its own operating system, though it is based on a light version of linux.

on your galaxy note, go into settings, applications, all applications tab, find the play store, and hit force close and clear defaults. see if that fixes it.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:52 AM   #5
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Once in a while I use the Play website to install my apps. I just select the phone I want to send the app to, and the phone will download it and install it automatically. Sometimes it's instant, sometimes it takes a few minutes.

If you do it while your phone's screen is off, the mobile connection may be sleeping, and will install the next time your phone syncs with Google.