Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Viper Smart Start, anyone have one?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #1
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: ^
benbacher's Tacoma Gallery
Viper Smart Start, anyone have one?

I just got my smart start installed, and I have to say, it's pretty dang impressive. I now have full control over my car through my iphone. You can set it to start at scheduled times, even schedule it to start when the temp drops below or above any given temperature

The GPS functionality is equally cool. Knowing exactly where my car is at all times. Parking spot assistance for those that lose their car in the parking garage.

I think the biggest win for it though, is no more key fobs!!! I just have my truck, car, and house keys on my keyring now. It's amazing.

Curious though, if anyone else has these and has paired any auxiliary buttons to it? It states that I have two, and I'm curious if I wired in heated mirrors from a 4runner if they'd be able to be activated by the phone as well?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:49 AM   #2
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
I just got mine for Christmas, but have yet to have it installed.

I am quite excited about it, but one thing to keep in mind is that all those handy little functions are not use-able if your phone is in a "dead zone", ie. no cellular signal.

Does it also send you push notifications to your phone if your truck is being broken into or when you get a door ding?
Old 12-27-2012, 11:51 AM   #3
Purveyor of Fun
benbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shedbenbacher is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yep, my truck is rarely in a dead zone, and when I go out into the boonies, I've always got the key.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
joeyha is on a distinguished road

Name: Joey
joeyha's Tacoma Gallery
How long have you had it installed?
Do the push notifications work?
Old 12-27-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Purveyor of Fun

Yeah they do, although no one has tried to break in yet, we tested it. I've had it about a week. Switched phones yesterday and logged in with my new one with no issues at all.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:31 PM   #6
Dog Face Soldier
Nicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant futureNicky Lam has a brilliant future

Army: Weapons of Mass Destruction
Name: Nick
Nicky Lam's Tacoma Gallery
just got the auto mate 5304 today with smart start...

bad ass system... i can start/arm/dis arm my truck in alaska and get updates on it as well, still messing with all the bells and whistles. viper sends me an email and ext message for anything thats triggered and a confirmation if the command went through or failed. debating to not carry a key fob at all and just do everything with the phone since i have that with me at all times... the 2 key fob they give you is a LCD 2 way key fob, and a non lcd 1 way, and of course, the smart start app is free (i have it for the iPhone)

auto mate is the same company as Viper, Python, Clifford, Autostart Etc...

auto mate 5304 is the equivalent of the Viper 5704 which was the replacement for the 5901.

120.00 for the smart start subscription for 3 years (it was the best/most money saved plan)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #7
Cain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant futureCain has a brilliant future

Cain's Tacoma Gallery
How much is the viper cost installed? Sounds cool