LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Wanna buy a laptop

Old 01-01-2013, 07:11 PM   #1
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Wanna buy a laptop

Been considering a new laptop. I have a cheap couple hundred dollar toshiba that is about 4 or 5 years old. I found this on the best buy site for sale and it looks like a decent deal. I want a laptop that I could actually play SOME games on, but good gaming ones are about a grand. This one has 4 gigs of ram and I'm pretty sure its a 64 bit system, but it doesn't say anywhere on here.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...specifications

Any input?
Old 01-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #2
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
It's 64-bit. I could be wrong, but I would think it's hard to find 32-bit systems these days.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
Been considering a new laptop. I have a cheap couple hundred dollar toshiba that is about 4 or 5 years old. I found this on the best buy site for sale and it looks like a decent deal. I want a laptop that I could actually play SOME games on, but good gaming ones are about a grand. This one has 4 gigs of ram and I'm pretty sure its a 64 bit system, but it doesn't say anywhere on here.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...specifications

Any input?
Says in the description: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.

64bit is based on the OS, not the hardware as almost all hardware in the last 5 years supports 64bit OS's. Yes the hardware does have to support 64bit to use 64bit, but pretty much everything out today does and uses 64bit technology.

It's not a bad deal really. Could use more memory.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
I got fisted
wildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shedwildjerseyfirefighter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Joe
wildjerseyfirefighter's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to wildjerseyfirefighter
I will never own another HP.

I replaced one that died, for another hp last year i think it was. The computer was $700 from Best Buy..that computer is the biggest piece of shit. Quality has gone way down.

If you can swing it, get a mac.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:29 PM   #5
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mr. C
Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I will never own a Mac.

Over priced, shitty software, locked down, Apple sucks. Anything your Mac can do my PC can do faster, cheaper and less expensive. But that's besides the point.

I'm not a fan of HP either (I've been in a law suit with them for 4 years now), but the OP isn't asking bout WHAT laptop to buy, he's asking about THIS laptop. For the price and what you are getting, its not that bad of a deal.

Screen resolution is a bit low, ram is a bit low but can be beefed up for cheap. USB 3.0 is really nice, hard drive size is good. Anyone who isn't a gamer would enjoy this laptop.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #6
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I don't necessarily want only a HP. Right now I have a toshiba but its 32 bit and the software can't support much of anything. It was a cheap couple hundred dollar computer like 4 years ago. I just want a newer one than can run installed software like games or other programs without lagging terribly or freezing. I heard macs arent all that great when it comes to gaming, I could never afford one anyway. I just posted the HP because it was on sale. After I posted it, I heard they have had problems with overheating?

My sister just bought an Acer last week for around 500-600. Its a touchscreen. I just want something that can run games decently and not freeze or lag. I mainly wanted 64 bit, at least 6 gigs of ram, over 500 gigs of hard drive space, and decent video card.