Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

need a new smartphone for Verizon.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:56 AM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
need a new smartphone for Verizon.

I have an iphone 4s and looking to get an android phone after steve jobs passing apple is only going to go down hill so looking for a better phone android OPS with large screen and long battery life. open to any suggestions. Tell me the pros and cons of the device you chose.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #2
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Android phone with good battery life?
Old 01-07-2013, 01:58 AM   #3
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
I have an iphone 4s and looking to get an android phone after steve jobs passing apple is only going to go down hill so looking for a better phone android OPS with large screen and long battery life. open to any suggestions. Tell me the pros and cons of the device you chose.
That's one of the dumbest things ive read in a long time.

Anyways. I like the GS3 a lot. also WP8 looks very appealing. Go give them a play at your local verizon. (coming from an iPhone 5 owner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post

Old 01-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #4
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by THXEY View Post

Anyways. I like the GS3 a lot. also WP8 looks very appealing. Go give them a play at your local verizon. (coming from an iPhone 5 owner)

i have an iPhone 4, and i love it, but im not an apple fanboy. i think there are better things to both. i like the Android 4.0 and 4.1 interface alot more than apples shitty boring no widget interface. most of androids phones are powerhouses but the OS lacks architecture to use the power correctly... apples phones are nice, but you also have to think about how IOS is only made to run one ONE phone, and that ONE phone is all apple has to worry about working well... on the other side, apps for IOS are much higher quality, BUT more apps on android are free... up to OP, but my iPhone has been great so far, even if it is only the 4, however the newer androids coming out are very tempting. cloud storage is moot point since both platforms do it outstanding...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:05 AM   #5
Panda Jerk
THXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHXEY is one of the sharper tools in the shed

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Spot on ^.

As an apple employee, i would say thats spot on.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2
Quote:
x2

also everyone i know that has had samsung has got a new phone about a year later because the battery wont last half a day, and that it just stops working. stopes sending text or sends them days later. i have received text from friends and text back WTF and they said they sent it 2 days ago. also have seen them stop connecting to the internet and may other things. i donít have faith in them, i have seen way to many have may to many problems and not lost much more than a year.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:08 AM   #7

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Spot on ^.

As an apple employee, i would say thats spot on.
i would love to have a WRX btw, did you trade your truck for it? i have been thinking......
Old 01-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #8
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i would love to have a WRX btw, did you trade your truck for it? i have been thinking......
Sold the truck to my brother, using that money towards my car. So he's got the taco now. I love it though. Wont look back... Boost is , Symmetrical AWD is . I love the hatchback, having all that room inside compared to the taco is a dream (i had an access cab). But im happy to see the taco stay in the family. I have a feeling my family is going to hang on to it for a loooooooooooooooong time.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:11 AM   #9

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnRedNeck721 View Post
x2

also everyone i know that has had samsung has got a new phone about a year later because the battery wont last half a day, and that it just stops working. stopes sending text or sends them days later. i have received text from friends and text back WTF and they said they sent it 2 days ago. also have seen them stop connecting to the internet and may other things. i donít have faith in them, i have seen way to many have may to many problems and not lost much more than a year.
but the open source part of Android is amazing, and just about as addicting as modding our trucks dude. trust me. there are endless possibilities with a rooted Android phone, up to and including breaking it for good. in all seriousness, i do think apple makes a better product, but i could own either and be just as happy, im not tied to my iphone by any means, and im certainly not won-over by apple either. i would imessage is an awesome thing to have, and that you dont realize how much you take it for granted until you dont have it... kind of like windshield wipers
Old 01-07-2013, 02:12 AM   #10
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
i have an iPhone 4, and i love it, but im not an apple fanboy. i think there are better things to both. i like the Android 4.0 and 4.1 interface alot more than apples shitty boring no widget interface. most of androids phones are powerhouses but the OS lacks architecture to use the power correctly... apples phones are nice, but you also have to think about how IOS is only made to run one ONE phone, and that ONE phone is all apple has to worry about working well... on the other side, apps for IOS are much higher quality, BUT more apps on android are free... up to OP, but my iPhone has been great so far, even if it is only the 4, however the newer androids coming out are very tempting. cloud storage is moot point since both platforms do it outstanding...
x2 i just have the iphone 4. have had it about 17 months or so. and the only problem i have had is my camera stopped working for a little bit and than one day i plugged it into the computer and a few days later it was working just fine. idk what the problem was, or do i care anymore..
Old 01-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #11

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Sold the truck to my brother, using that money towards my car. So he's got the taco now. I love it though. Wont look back... Boost is , Symmetrical AWD is . I love the hatchback, having all that room inside compared to the taco is a dream (i had an access cab). But im happy to see the taco stay in the family. I have a feeling my family is going to hang on to it for a loooooooooooooooong time.
yea, it should last them. reading through your builds, you dont strike me as someone who hammers the shit out of his cars . i have been thinking alot about getting a WRX though, i commute like 35 miles one way to work, and its getting old @ 75 bucks per tank...
Old 01-07-2013, 02:15 AM   #12

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 i just have the iphone 4. have had it about 17 months or so. and the only problem i have had is my camera stopped working for a little bit and than one day i plugged it into the computer and a few days later it was working just fine. idk what the problem was, or do i care anymore..
yea, usually shit like that just needs the phone to be wiped clean and restored. takes no time with icloud backups, as android takes no time with gmail backups either. i will say that i dont know where my life would be without a smartphone in general though... i rely so much on it.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #14
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yea, it should last them. reading through your builds, you dont strike me as someone who hammers the shit out of his cars . i have been thinking alot about getting a WRX though, i commute like 35 miles one way to work, and its getting old @ 75 bucks per tank...
Hahaha, i used to be young and dumb once. I have since changed. I keep it under the speed limit, although i do like the occasional 3rd gear pull on the freeway from time to time. But the local law enforcement loves these cars. And yeah the $80 fill up got old real quick. im loving the 20mpg and $50 fill up.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:18 AM   #15
GO VOLS!

Quote:
but the open source part of Android is amazing, and just about as addicting as modding our trucks dude. trust me. there are endless possibilities with a rooted Android phone, up to and including breaking it for good. in all seriousness, i do think apple makes a better product, but i could own either and be just as happy, im not tied to my iphone by any means, and im certainly not won-over by apple either. i would imessage is an awesome thing to have, and that you dont realize how much you take it for granted until you dont have it... kind of like windshield wipers
yeah. few months ago i was just looking at verizon when i was bored. i started looking at i think it was the droid X or something donít remember anymore. it was pretty damn cool!! idk if iíll stay with iphone on my next phone or get something els.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 AM   #16

650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
yeah. few months ago i was just looking at verizon when i was bored. i started looking at i think it was the droid X or something donít remember anymore. it was pretty damn cool!! idk if iíll stay with iphone on my next phone or get something els.
same boat im in man!
Old 01-07-2013, 02:48 AM   #17
GO VOLS!

Quote:
same boat im in man!
hell maybe iphone 6 will be out by than. i can upgrade in 2 or 3 months. but i prob wont. iíll wait till i need a new phone.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:58 AM   #19
Panda Jerk

THXEY's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Konaborne View Post
iphone needs gorillaglass 2 before I'd even consider it
iPhone 5 has gorilla glass 2.

Quote:
Also, iPhone 5 uses Corning's stronger Gorilla Glass 2 (20 per cent stronger than the glass of the previous iPhone). There is a lot more detail on Cult of Mac.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10835341
Old 01-07-2013, 03:23 AM   #20
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Not to hijack your thread but I'd like a new phone too with similar features, 4G for sure, but not as high priced as the galaxy s3. Definitely Android.

Just switched from a Droid X to a iPhone 4 and I'm not impressed.