Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

anyone root their kindle fire? (i need help)

Old 01-09-2013, 05:06 PM   #1
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Forrest
YotaKid62's Tacoma Gallery
anyone root their kindle fire? (i need help)

I've been wanting to get a little more out of my fire lately (particularly more customization and google apps) so i decided to root it. Only problem is when i go to upload the kindle utility file i cant get it unzipped to use it (extracted). Has anyone else had problems with doing this or is there an easier way? If anyone can talk me through it or give some advice it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-09-2013, 05:08 PM   #2
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
I used this guide, rooted about 3 of them so far, no issues. Follow the steps EXACTLY.

http://rootkindlefire.com/kindle-fir...le-fire-6-3-1/

Once rooted, load this and you'll be very happy with your Fire.

http://rootkindlefire.com/kindle-fir...android-4-1-2/
Old 01-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #3
Dirty mall crawler
YotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaKid62 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Thanks, does it still use the kindke utility file? Because thats where i was having problems.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
That one guy
Aw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shedAw9d is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaKid62 View Post
Thanks, does it still use the kindke utility file? Because thats where i was having problems.
I honestly don't know.

People hand them to me and ask for root and rom, hand me cash, I root it, load a rom and say 'here ya go, enjoy'.

Rooting won't remove that utility, the ROM may tho. All rooting does is give you access to the root files of the operating system.

I'd check the XDA link for the Jellybomb rom I linked you to in my last post and see if it mentions anything about the Kindle Utility.
Old 01-09-2013, 05:43 PM   #5
That one guy

Aw9d's Tacoma Gallery
Link for Jellybomb on XDA

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1912485
Old 01-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #6
Dirty mall crawler

Did it last night, and I'm now running jellybean 4.2. Its awesome having the best of both worlds!