Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Going to switch from PC to Mac

Old 02-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #1
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Going to switch from PC to Mac

How much do you think i could get for my 1 and 1/2 year old Gateway laptop w/Vista?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
mall crawlin', web wheelin', concrete cowboy
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
FlawedXJ's Tacoma Gallery
not much unfortunately. no one really wants used laptops.

I paid about 1.2 for my laptop 1.5 years ago and My roommate just got one about twice as nice as mine for about 500.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:35 PM   #3
CSULB socal
dunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the sheddunkhi is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Craig Sirois
dunkhi's Tacoma Gallery
dont do it.
macs arent that great.

say no viruses? wrong.
u cant configure anything or make ur own program in mac.

BUT

if ur using it for media/work and ur not doing games or anything

go mac!
Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #4
Banned
Lentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shedLentsnh is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Mine was $650 on sale from $1,000 at best buy. I guess i could get about $300 out of it? Im tired on PCs :/
Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
specs and model?
Old 02-02-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
what are the specs really depends.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:37 PM   #7
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkhi View Post
dont do it.
macs arent that great.

say no viruses? wrong.
u cant configure anything or make ur own program in mac.

BUT

if ur using it for media/work and ur not doing games or anything

go mac!
Yeah i do alot of Video/Music/and other media than anything else. alot of web browsing too
Old 02-02-2009, 07:39 PM   #8
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.apple.com/macbook/specs.html
Old 02-02-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
FlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedFlawedXJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

if your just killing time with your computer then def go mac, but the cad programs i use aren't very nice to macs
Old 02-02-2009, 07:41 PM   #10

and don't buy another laptop til you go to college. seriously man. wait. My laptop barely runs the software i need it to and its got 2gb of ram...
Old 02-02-2009, 07:43 PM   #11
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Thats probably how long it will take me to save up for one
Old 02-02-2009, 07:45 PM   #12
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
yep the specs will determin the value
processor type and speed
memory
hard disk size
64 bit or 32 bit vista...basic or pro or what?
all those will affect the value of your computer

hell i got a brand new desktop with vista basic and 2.5 gig amd and added 1 gig of ram for $225 new ( and wiped it for linux)
Vista Basic ill find my computer and ill put up the URL
Old 02-02-2009, 07:46 PM   #13

highschool grad gifts = money towards laptop. Money saved while working now = money for truck.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:54 PM   #14
Banned
Lentsnh's Tacoma Gallery
yep during highschool im going to get my truck in order and then......... who knows
Old 02-02-2009, 08:11 PM   #15
Zoom-Zoom
gdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud ofgdawg25 has much to be proud of

gdawg25's Tacoma Gallery
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=JixbzFjv_cU
Old 02-25-2009, 09:43 AM   #16
The StormTrooper
TightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shedTightShirts is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TightShirts
TightShirts's Tacoma Gallery
i use bootcamp so with one computer i can have both pc and mac... i spend a lot more time in the mac os tho
Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
Mayor of TW
Delmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shedDelmarva is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Vet
Name: Mike
Delmarva's Tacoma Gallery
Macs are sex! I haven't looked back since I bought a mac.
Old 02-25-2009, 10:50 AM   #18
type o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nicetype o negative is just really nice

type o negative's Tacoma Gallery
I have been producing music for about 6 years now... Used a PC for the first 5 years... IT worked ok.. Finally switched to a Mac about a year ago. I will never own a PC again. The PC would run at about 80%cpu when using my programs moderatly, I have never seen my mac go above 30% loaded heavy! Both machines where configured camparatively.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #19
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
get a Mac, I have one and trust me they are great for everything!! Sure they are expensive but they are worth it!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #20
Stu will become famous soon enoughStu will become famous soon enough

Stu's Tacoma Gallery
You might get 40' if your wrist action is just right