Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

IOS 6 Video Out???

Old 01-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
winL is on a distinguished road

winL's Tacoma Gallery
IOS 6 Video Out???

Hi All,

Got a new deck in that can plug and play videos, but my iphone 4s with the IOS 6, I can't seem to output any video to any decks or TV, I've tried on a friend's deck too. My friend with an Iphone 5 has the same problem, but none of us had any issues with IOS 5 and video out. Help?!?!?!!!!
Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 AM   #2
Riverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedRiverdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Collin
Riverdog's Tacoma Gallery
Hey, I don't know if you've figured this out or not yet but my guess is that your iPhone 4 with iOS6 isn't the problem. I bet it's your deck. If you can update the firmware on your deck, try that. Your deck might have been designed before iOS 6 was even a thought in Apple's mind. But there could be a firmware update that will make the deck work with iOS 6.

As for the iPhone 5, I found out the hard way that I can't run video (i.e. Netflix and YouTube) from my iPhone 5 to my deck, which I had done tons of times with my iPhone 4 with iOS 6. And i was further butt hurt when i found out the lightning to 20-pin adapters that are out now don't transfer video. They only do audio. I remember seeing online somewhere that this guy got it to work with two or three different types of adapters. I didn't donit because its more work than I want to put in for something I rarely use anyway. Sorry I don't remember any specifics about it but if you google it enough you'll find it.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:26 AM   #3

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverdog View Post
Hey, I don't know if you've figured this out or not yet but my guess is that your iPhone 4 with iOS6 isn't the problem. I bet it's your deck. If you can update the firmware on your deck, try that. Your deck might have been designed before iOS 6 was even a thought in Apple's mind. But there could be a firmware update that will make the deck work with iOS 6.

As for the iPhone 5, I found out the hard way that I can't run video (i.e. Netflix and YouTube) from my iPhone 5 to my deck, which I had done tons of times with my iPhone 4 with iOS 6. And i was further butt hurt when i found out the lightning to 20-pin adapters that are out now don't transfer video. They only do audio. I remember seeing online somewhere that this guy got it to work with two or three different types of adapters. I didn't donit because its more work than I want to put in for something I rarely use anyway. Sorry I don't remember any specifics about it but if you google it enough you'll find it.
Hey, Thanks for the input, I did get the video to work. I found out that only Youtube doesn't work anymore since the ios6 came out. But, if I have videos in the phone that I've personally transferred, THAT works. I was testing the system the whole time with Youtube, that's why I was pretty frustrated.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #4
E-Dub
lysias55 is on a distinguished road

Name: Evan
lysias55's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to lysias55
Google Evasi0n Jailbreak. Jailbreak your phone and link it to your amazon. Then buy a tweak called Protube extension pun intended, that will allow you to save YouTube videos, then usually you'll need another tweak called Bridge, that tweak will allow you to transfer those videos to your stock iOS video app library. Then you'll be able to play them through your deck. Only download 720p videos though.
Old 03-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
E-Dub

It'll add a downloads tab and an option to the video to download that video

IOS 6 Video Out???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363886981.465720.jpg

IOS 6 Video Out???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363886990.960494.jpg

Really great add on to the stock YouTube app. Music quality is great also. I usually play music videos while I'm driving.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #6

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lysias55 View Post
Google Evasi0n Jailbreak. Jailbreak your phone and link it to your amazon. Then buy a tweak called Protube extension pun intended, that will allow you to save YouTube videos, then usually you'll need another tweak called Bridge, that tweak will allow you to transfer those videos to your stock iOS video app library. Then you'll be able to play them through your deck. Only download 720p videos though.
So technically, I'll still have to download Youtube videos first, then send it to my phone. Correct?
Old 03-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #7
E-Dub

Yeah but the bridge tweak can send a video in less than 2 seconds so it isn't a big deal. It'll let you categorize your videos also. IOS 6 Video Out???-imageuploadedbytapatalk1363927316.249692.jpg

Those options are at the top. I use a kenwood nav unit to control my iPhone. This is a great setup though. All the videos you can ask for all for free and in 720p
Old 03-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #8

winL's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, thanks. I'll give it a try!
Old 03-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #9
E-Dub

Redmondpie.com has a write up on how to jailbreak. I'm hoping you didn't update your phone to the 6.1.3 firmware as there isn't a way to jailbreak it. Well there is but it's a PITA and isn't worth it