Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Illegal to unlock your phone

Old 01-27-2013, 08:50 AM   #61
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Well this is BS. The fact that it's a law under the DMCA is ever more BS. Stuff like this just shows that the major carriers want more money in their pockets.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:11 AM   #62
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Isn't that the whole point of a business? To get more money in your pocket?
Old 01-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #63
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Isn't that the whole point of a business? To get more money in your pocket?
True. Just seems like this law is in place to either keep you from taking your phone elsewhere, or making you buy their phone to use their service. It would be like signing up with Comcast, and they tell you that you have to buy a PC through them to use their network. To me it's just greedy, like if you want to tether, they charge you extra to use the same internet you're already paying for.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #64
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
like if you want to tether, they charge you extra to use the same internet you're already paying for.
Tethering is free with a rooted Android
Old 01-27-2013, 12:13 PM   #65
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
He's Canadian.....which....is very similar to Vulcans. THey have no emotion, and are always serious, but lack the logic Vulcans inherantly have.
I've been looking for an excuse to use this.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:43 PM   #66
ride BMX!
littledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shedlittledvl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
littledvl's Tacoma Gallery
Question for you guys, me and my gf are on verizion, she has been using a stratosphere for the past year and has hated it, the other day she ended up breaking it. My question is a buddy gave me a sidekick 4g he had lying around about 2 months ago, if im understanding this its illegal to find a place to unlock it so she can use it on verizion?
Old 02-12-2013, 09:19 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledvl View Post
Question for you guys, me and my gf are on verizion, she has been using a stratosphere for the past year and has hated it, the other day she ended up breaking it. My question is a buddy gave me a sidekick 4g he had lying around about 2 months ago, if im understanding this its illegal to find a place to unlock it so she can use it on verizion?
Supposedly it's illegal only if the Sidekick was bought at a reduced price with contract. Besides, a Sidekick 4G sounds like a T-Mobile phone. It's not compatible with Verizon's network.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #69
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I say it should be illegal!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:16 PM   #70
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmmccoy007 View Post
I say it should be illegal!
why?
Old 03-07-2013, 10:34 PM   #71
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
New trolling of cl....but a phone and unlock it. If its still under someone's name you are successful