Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Windows Server 2012

Old 01-30-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Windows Server 2012

Anyone here stand up Server 2012 yet? I have only seen it once and I am not impressed. From what I was told it no longer supports any 32 bit apps.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:29 AM   #2
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
Anyone here stand up Server 2012 yet? I have only seen it once and I am not impressed. From what I was told it no longer supports any 32 bit apps.
I think it does support 32 bit apps but it doesn't support 32 bit drivers or ODBC. They're deprecated.

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thr...-bit-Questions
Old 02-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #3
Avey is on a distinguished road

Avey's Tacoma Gallery
I have a couple lab 2012 VMs. One full install and one server core, but nothing in production yet. I doubt we will anytime soon since we finaly just killed off the last win 2000 server. Seems to me you have to get used to remote admin tools or powershell to work with 2012. The colors in the gui look like something my 4yo would have picked out.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #4
Burns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shedBurns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Burns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avey View Post
The colors in the gui look like something my 4yo would have picked out.
That was my first impression of 2012, I also heard that you do not have to run dcpromo anymore on a new DC. I will have to see if we have any licenses for 2012 so I can spin up a VM as well, thanks for the responses guys.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns View Post
I also heard that you do not have to run dcpromo anymore on a new DC.

This is correct. Make sure you read up ahead of time if you're going to use a mixed 2008/2012 environment using the 2012 as a DC. There are a few hurdles in such a scenario.