Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Program Not Responding

Old 02-20-2013, 05:44 PM   #1
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
Supra TT's Tacoma Gallery
Program Not Responding

This shit just randomly decided to start happening one day. (Windows 7)

Every time I do anything on any program I always encounter a "Windows is not responding" It's going to respond when I fucking smash it in the ground with a fucking lightning bolt from Zeus, SRSLY.

I should just google this but it seems those retards can't speak english half the time...

It works fine half the time.. It doesn't matter what I am doing, like today I was in paint, drew a line and windows won't respond............... Go to hit start menu........ Windows won't respond.

I can't even use my search function on the start menu!!!! Sigh
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #2
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
First I'd check the memory with MemTest
If that doesn't find anything, I'd redo the OS
After that I'd suspect the hard drive
Old 02-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Step 1: throw PC away
Step 2: Buy a mac

but seriously i would consider reloading windows 7.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:46 PM   #4
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
x2
Old 02-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Senior Member. HA. I'm not a senior. I'm young...
Nunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shedNunavut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shayne
Nunavut's Tacoma Gallery
Usually this kind of thing happens when someone spends too much time on inappropriate websites.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:34 PM   #7
Solid Axle FTMFW!!
Supra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupra TT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickenmunga View Post
First I'd check the memory with MemTest
If that doesn't find anything, I'd redo the OS
After that I'd suspect the hard drive
I forgot about this thread.. I'll have to check memtest.. Doubt it will find anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post

but seriously i would consider reloading windows 7.
Buy a mac so I can't play any Pc games, sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkofwimbo View Post
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janster View Post
Reboot...
Scan for viruses or corrupt files.....and all those other things you can pickup while surfing the internet.
Yeah the comp has been rebooted many times, scan viruses every day and always clean disk/defrag every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunavut View Post
Usually this kind of thing happens when someone spends too much time on inappropriate websites.
This comp doesn't see those sites. This is my gaming computer. I am guessing W7 is fucked. Stupid fucking windows
Old 03-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
This kind of thing can be caused by a piece of hardware acting up..perhaps due to a recent driver update. (Such as a network controller, or video card). Try rolling back if you've changed one recently.
I'd bet it's a piece of hardware causing it (even though it may be brought on by software drivers). Something on the SATA bus can cause it too if it's got a bad connection or a drive is faulty.
That should give you some places to start troubleshooting and narrowing it down.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #9
Solid Axle FTMFW!!

Everything that was suggested I tried. My only solution was reinstalling windows.

There must of been other shit that was corrupt on this comp as well. Everything is so crisp and clear now. So smooth, so fast once again. And finally windows programs work like top.