Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

"Factory" unlocked iPhone?

Old 02-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Hardscrabble's Tacoma Gallery
"Factory" unlocked iPhone?

OK, I need some help. I have a co-worker/friend that is working in Japan for the next 12 months. He asked me to find a "factory" unlocked 16G iPhone for him so he can use it in Japan. $400 is his limit.

I did a quick check on the Apple website and they are $550. Other than Ebay, Craigslist, or some shady looking dude on the street corner, where do I get one?

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
dibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant futuredibble9012 has a brilliant future
Air Force:
dibble9012's Tacoma Gallery
Does he have an iPhone already? AT&T should unlock it if his account is in good standing. Up to 5 phones a year.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:13 AM   #3
Hardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shedHardscrabble is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibble9012 View Post
Does he have an iPhone already? AT&T should unlock it if his account is in good standing. Up to 5 phones a year.
No, he doesn't have an iPhone. He doesn't have any phone service contracts currently. Right now he's using Skype on his iPad for communication.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
kingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkingston73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kingston73's Tacoma Gallery
You should be able to find a reputable seller on ebay with a factory unlocked iphone for under $400. What phone specifically? The 5 will obviously be more expensive than the 4s, but an unlocked 4s should go for under $300.

EDIT: I forgot, my wife is getting an iphone 5 next week and has a pristine 4s right now. I'll be posting it in the buy/sell section at some point next week, will probably ask $300 for it.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingston73 View Post
You should be able to find a reputable seller on ebay with a factory unlocked iphone for under $400. What phone specifically? The 5 will obviously be more expensive than the 4s, but an unlocked 4s should go for under $300.

EDIT: I forgot, my wife is getting an iphone 5 next week and has a pristine 4s right now. I'll be posting it in the buy/sell section at some point next week, will probably ask $300 for it.
Thanks for the reply kingston73. I'll ask my friend if he still needs/wants a phone.
Old 04-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #6
Hoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoozel is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ty
Hoozel's Tacoma Gallery
buying from apple directly they come unlocked.