Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Windows 8 Pro; is it worth it to upgrade from 7 Home Premium?

Old 03-08-2013, 09:22 PM   #1
Licensed Lunatic
iamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shediamsuperbleeder is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Travis
iamsuperbleeder's Tacoma Gallery
Cool Windows 8 Pro; is it worth it to upgrade from 7 Home Premium?

Anyone running it on a PC they use daily? How does it fair for compatibility and general glitches and what-not? Would it be worth it to upgrade from 7 Home Premium or would it just be a waste of money? Is there anything better about it compared to 7 in terms of the actual OS and using it in the standard Explorer mode? It's not like I'll be using a touch screen with it or anything, so the whole Metro interface would be useless to me.

I've been running a Windows 7 install for a little over 4 years now on my custom built PC. It's been running pretty much flawlessly without glitches for quite some time now, but recently some programs are causing things to "wig out" every once in a while so I was thinking about doing a fresh format and Windows install, and just thought I'd see if anyone had any real world experience and thoughts about 8
Old 03-08-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
Kelvin is on a distinguished road

Kelvin's Tacoma Gallery
The general consensus is that, unless you can pick it up for a very low price, its not really worth it. Since Metro doesn't appeal to you either, its probably really not worth it. Some people say they got a performance boost, some say there's absolutely no difference. I picked up my Win8 copy on Amazon when it first came out, for around $25. Still haven't installed it. I'd say just do a fresh install of Win7 and be done with it.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:39 PM   #4
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
windows 8 is crap. I didnt find it very user friendly.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:41 PM   #5
PWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedPWhite13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Prescott
PWhite13's Tacoma Gallery
I have Windows 8 and I'm gonna lie I actually do like it a lot. It takes some getting used to but after that I think its good software. The Metro screen is pretty cool especially because I have a touchscreen desktop.