Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

GoPro editing

Old 03-17-2013, 03:38 PM   #21
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
sorry for the thread jack but i have a quick question for the tech guys here.

i edited video off a gorpro 2 in iMovie and when i uploaded it to youtube, it only went up to 480p. any ideas why it didnt upload in HD?
I say check your YouTube settings, and then which output you're using (ex: MP4, H2.64) from iMovie. You should be able to change the settings in one or the other, as to where, I'm not an iMovie guy.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:17 PM   #22
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
I say check your YouTube settings, and then which output you're using (ex: MP4, H2.64) from iMovie. You should be able to change the settings in one or the other, as to where, I'm not an iMovie guy.
google shall be used a bunch
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #23
No longer anonymous. D'oh!
carcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shedcarcharias is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
carcharias's Tacoma Gallery
lol Sorry. Start w/ YouTube because they'll have easy step by step instructions on uploading. If that's not where the problem lies, look at iMovie's final compression - I use other software, but Apple programs tend to all have the same interface at this point. For example, you choose "YouTube" or "iPhone" or something and that is how the video gets compressed - for it's final destination. Maybe when you output to "YouTube" in iMovie there are extra settings when choosing which video you want. Any of that make sense? lol
Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #24
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
I don't use iMovie but when I use Sony Vegas pro I have to make sure I render the video at the settings I want.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #25
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcharias View Post
lol Sorry. Start w/ YouTube because they'll have easy step by step instructions on uploading. If that's not where the problem lies, look at iMovie's final compression - I use other software, but Apple programs tend to all have the same interface at this point. For example, you choose "YouTube" or "iPhone" or something and that is how the video gets compressed - for it's final destination. Maybe when you output to "YouTube" in iMovie there are extra settings when choosing which video you want. Any of that make sense? lol
got it all! we'll see at the end of the month
Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #26
Jack is on a distinguished road

Marines: 1st Law Enforcement Bn
Name: Jack
Jack's Tacoma Gallery
I have a Hero 3 Black and record in 1080p at 60fps. I haven't came by to uploading any of my movies onto youtube but they are great look amazing and professional. I usually film mountain biking, snowboarding, sports, and just messing around with friends. To answer your question I use PowerDirector Ultra 11 for making the movies and the quality is the best, full 1080p HD. If I want to put a clip in slow motion I use Twixtor Pro on Sony Vegas Pro 12. These 2 programs are easy to use and are possible to download for free.