Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

GoPro editing

Old 03-17-2013, 12:02 PM   #1
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
saundern's Tacoma Gallery
GoPro editing

I have a GoPro Hero 3 Silver Edition and getting a Mac Book Pro at the end of the month. Should I get a different editing program or is iMovie sufficient?

I want the quality of the movies you see on say, Red Bull commercials and such. I know I'm going to have to learn to use it because I'm a noob when it comes to editing, but hey you have to start somewhere.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #3
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: Aviation Electronics Tech
Name: Dylan
BassAckwardsDyl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Traveler View Post
If you want that quality editing, I'd go with Final Cut Pro.
agreed
Old 03-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #4
Swerve for nothing
saundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shedsaundern is one of the sharper tools in the shed

so this one is a product of Apple?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
The Red Bull
BassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shedBassAckwardsDyl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iMovie that comes on the Mac is decent... i use it more for home movies of our little one and slide shows of pics for the extended family. I have done a little editing with FCPX... my brother's lady friend is great with the program, she does pro movie editing with FCPX...
Old 03-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #7
Swerve for nothing

yeah i just saw that it was 300 bucks, too much for me haha

is there a program for like 100 that will make the footage good looking and user friendly?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
The Red Bull

There are some guys at work who use GoPro's CineForm Studio with pretty good results... and it is free on their website
Old 03-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #9
Swerve for nothing

i downloaded that and it freezes my computer, idk what's up with that
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #12
Swerve for nothing

yeah that's what i think i'll start with. after reading about different programs, i'll get familiar with what i'm doing and then move up if needed.

does imovie have an ability to increase clip quality? i have a clip that's in sorta low light and would look awesome if it was enhanced
Old 03-17-2013, 12:38 PM   #13
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
I edited this with Windows Movie Maker. I imagine iMovie is similar.

Shot with a GoPro 3 Silver Edition. Watch in 1080p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAtWwcmfsLE
that looks good. so WMM gives you the ability to speed up the FPS?
Old 03-17-2013, 12:44 PM   #14
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Use sony vegas pro. look on youtube how to get it free, it is easy.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 PM   #15
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by saundern View Post
that looks good. so WMM gives you the ability to speed up the FPS?
No program can increase the FPS. The video will record at whatever FPS you shoot at, in my case it was 30fps. But the program allows you to speed up or slow down the speed of the playback, which is what gives you the effect I have. This video was at 1.75x speed.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:28 PM   #17
What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz? CHICKEN?
moto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmoto932 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
moto932's Tacoma Gallery
sorry for the thread jack but i have a quick question for the tech guys here.

i edited video off a gorpro 2 in iMovie and when i uploaded it to youtube, it only went up to 480p. any ideas why it didnt upload in HD?
Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
Swerve for nothing

Quote:
No program can increase the FPS. The video will record at whatever FPS you shoot at, in my case it was 30fps. But the program allows you to speed up or slow down the speed of the playback, which is what gives you the effect I have. This video was at 1.75x speed.
playback speed, my apologies

Quote:
Originally Posted by moto932 View Post
sorry for the thread jack but i have a quick question for the tech guys here.

i edited video off a gorpro 2 in iMovie and when i uploaded it to youtube, it only went up to 480p. any ideas why it didnt upload in HD?
yeah i was wondering if this would happen too. my footage is in 720 and i dont want to loose the quality
Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
SOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shedSOSHeloPilot is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Marines: Helicopter Pilot - RVN
SOSHeloPilot's Tacoma Gallery
. . . Sub'd