Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Internet works, web browsers do not.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
When up to your nose in shit, keep your mouth shut
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan S.
CorrosiveTendency's Tacoma Gallery
Internet works, web browsers do not.

I can log onto old school AIM, Weatherbug is active and other internet requiring programs are working, but my IE and newly installed/loaded FireFox will not access the internet. There is no firewall currently. Ideas?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
CorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shedCorrosiveTendency is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I know there have to be some people on here who know more than just trucks.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
In firefox, try options, advanced, connection settings, and make sure autodetect proxy settings for this network.
If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall
Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #4
Say no to Bro
kirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shedkirkofwimbo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clayton
kirkofwimbo's Tacoma Gallery
Might be a DNS issue. If you put 74.125.227.71 in your address bar does it take you to google.com?

Edit: just realized this threads almost 2 weeks old. Hope you got it resolved by now
Old 03-29-2013, 09:03 PM   #5
i30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shedi30nes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i30nes's Tacoma Gallery
Agreed... DNS settings are prolly borked. Check them in your control panel in network connections. Also in the browser settings themselves. After that you may wanna scan for malware and such.
Old 03-29-2013, 09:10 PM   #6
169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed169.254.255.201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

169.254.255.201's Tacoma Gallery
type in cmd. in start/search, and then type ipconfig /release, then do ipconfig /renew.

I forget if that would do anything to your DNS, but worth a try.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:00 AM   #7

I entered the IP and came up with the same results. I read about AIM shit causing it and have a few files I will try to delete that are associated with it. I also tried entering the commands with no luck. I have also gotten rid of Norton and installed Avant because there was chat about Norton causing this shit. I havn't messed with it in over a week, maybe I will try again later today. So far nothing has worked. I do know a toss from the 3rd floor window will fix it all though.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:04 AM   #8
subaru of america
rickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shedrickmeseke is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ricky
rickmeseke's Tacoma Gallery
This happens to me every few weeks. My skype works but by browsers just stop. So i do a system restpre once a month
Old 04-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #9
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
I entered the IP and came up with the same results. I read about AIM shit causing it and have a few files I will try to delete that are associated with it. I also tried entering the commands with no luck. I have also gotten rid of Norton and installed Avant because there was chat about Norton causing this shit. I havn't messed with it in over a week, maybe I will try again later today. So far nothing has worked. I do know a toss from the 3rd floor window will fix it all though.
Try doing the Norton Removal Tool again. I've read it can leave things that still bork up the connection.
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/...rProfile_en_us
Old 04-08-2013, 04:10 PM   #10

Thanks for the ideas. I will try again once I get a chance. I will post the results and what fixed it...if I fix it.
Old 04-16-2013, 04:58 PM   #11

Fucking Norton. I reinstalled, and again uninstalled. Everything works again.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #12
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorrosiveTendency View Post
Fucking Norton. I reinstalled, and again uninstalled. Everything works again.
This.

Glad it worked out. Think I stopped using Norton around 10 years ago when it started to get way too bloat-ware for my liking... Win 98 days.