Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Home Audio Video Hardware BS Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #41
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by T Fades View Post
If one were to have in-walls, the rears are the only way to go. They probably don't sound bad at all.

The downside is their inability to develop a more full sound before it reaches your ears. Same with the front speakers, you don't want them against the wall/corner. If placed properly, you shouldn't be able to tell where the sound is coming from.

I don't have rear speakers, so your home theatre probably sounds better than mine as I don't have a true surround sound.

Keep in mind, I am very knit-picky with my sound. Most are not, and sometimes I feel what I think sounds better might be subjective or a placebo.
I'll have to tell that to my audiophile buddy. Guy spends 1000's on amps and speakers, sound dampening, conditioners, etc.... As far as I know, he only has his rear speakers in the wall. Has a 7.1 or 7.2 setup going.
Old 10-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #42
Cornfed
95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed95 taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jake
95 taco's Tacoma Gallery
Any of y'all have your whole house wired for audio?
We're gonna be moving soon and we think we want a audio system in the house, we're thinking a PC in a closet with all our music on it and the ability to stream (pandora, xm, ect.), and the ability to control the PC from our iPhones/tablets.

We also want the option to choose which individual rooms the audio go's to and the volume to each room.

Does this sound doable? and what would be the cost? (we'd prefer a sub in the living room, kitchen, outdoors, and my room (the most likely places for us to be)