1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPod help!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Fiend13, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:27 PM
    Fiend13

Fiend13 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    I have the iPod that came out right before they went to touch screen, full size, can't remember what gen. Anyways, I plugged it into iTunes and iTunes wouldn't recognize it. Tried it again and a message came up saying it might be corrupted and restore it so I restored it to factory settings and it still keeps popping up as may be corrupted and can't put any music on it or do anything. I tried resetting iTunes, restarted my MacBook, and did a hard reset on the iPod and still nothing. Any other suggestions?

2. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:34 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    you probably have the classic. thats what i have but i got it like 6 years ago. I had a problem with mine a little. and i was able to re sync it, maybe somehow it got dealtherised from the computer. also you can go to appl store and they can see if it is the ipod or something els, and it’s free so thats a good thing. I had to do that because i thought mine was corrupted or something but they ran a test and it was all good.

3. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:36 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    Right on. I just upgraded my iPhone 4 to a 5. Thinking about just using the 4 as an iPod touch. Do you know if I use the 4 as an iPod, will it receive or make calls when on while my 5 is on or was the sim card deactivated as soon as my 5 started up?

4. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:41 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    oh nice i have the as well but waiting for the new one to come out in the fall. 4 works just fine and i can just now upgrade anyways, so i’m going to wait and see what they come out with in the fall.

and i don’t think it will receive any phone calls. i think it will still make emergency calls thought but not sure. at least thats what i hear that a deactivated phone will still make emergency calls.

edit: i’d try it, call a friend or something and see if it works. if it does not then you will know for sure. i don’t see what could go wrong by trying it.

5. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:42 PM
    Fiend13

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Waddell/Phoenix area
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD O/R DC Prerunner
    I read the same thing as far as emergency calls only. Thinking about just restoring the iphone 4 to factory settings and just using it as an ipod then take the actual ipod to the apple store next time I'm on the other side of town. Thanks for all the info!

6. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:44 PM
    jr124gamboa

jr124gamboa Well-Known Member

Member:
    socal
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 sr5
    airride airbags, bedliner,
    Sounds like the hard drive might be messed up. I had the same problem with my classic, my problem was I left it to close to a subwoofer magnet.

I would take it to the apple store

7. Apr 15, 2013 at 7:46 PM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    yeah i’d just use the iPhone 4 till you can figure out whats wrong with the ipod.

imo just put it in the truck maybe the map pocket on the back of seat. or CC i am like 25 min from most stores and stuff and half the time i go to town i forget something i need to get looked at. so i started to just thro it in the truck. some times i still forget or sometime i’ll remember when i’m in town and can just go by where ever i need to go to.

8. Apr 15, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    Brian007Taco

Brian007Taco 007Taco

Member:
    First Name:
    If you ask. You don't know me very well!
    Mesa, AZ to NM to OK to UT back to Mesa
    Vehicle:
    2012 Red TRD OR 4x4 DCSB (aka Clifford the Big Red Truck)
    12 OR DCSB 4x4 265/75/16 Goodyear Ultra Terrain wrapped on MB352's. OME 886's w/5100's front and back, and Dakars. Derped Emblems. KM Fab sliders, Mobtown Front and back bumpers w/tire gate, KM Fab Bed Rack, Bestop Supertop, Matt Gecko bed lights. Tree Smashed Taco 06 OR AC Prerunner! OME 885 with 5100's in front, TSB and AAL with 5125's in back. 30" light bar in the valance.
    All phones that don't have service have to be able to dial 911 calls which is mandated by the FCC.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013

Products Discussed in

To Top