1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IP Conflict

Discussion in 'Technology' started by rex99, May 9, 2013.

1. May 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM
    rex99

rex99 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    Anyone have an idea how to resolve an IP conflict on Windows 7? I've tried everything I can think of with no results. Had this computer over a year now with no issues until this. Every other device on my network works fine except this pc.

Edit: not THIS pc, I'm on my iPad.

2. May 9, 2013 at 4:49 PM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    It means 2 of your devices are sharing the same IP address from the router. Change all your setting to get an IP via DHCP and the router will auto assign them.. Sounds like someone changed yours to static.

iPad: Settings-wifi, find your Access Point, click the blue circle thing, change it to DHCP

If that is on DHCP then another machine on your network is statically assigned. Log into the router and check your LAN's DHCP table to find out which one.

Windows 7
    Start- in search box type in ncpa.cpl (hit enter) opens network control panel. Find your connection LAN or WiFi.. Right click , properties, tcpipv4 (double click) change radio buttons to auto grab IP for the IP and DNS.

3. May 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM
    BrettBretterson

BrettBretterson Wild Ginger

Member:
    Bothell, WA
    Vehicle:
    06 DCSB TRD OR 4x4
    5100's
    Try releasing and renewing your IP address.

Go to Start, Run, and type in CMD.
    In the window that opens, type ipconfig/release
    After that finishes, type ipconfig/renew

4. May 9, 2013 at 5:02 PM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    Rocket Boosters, Flux Capacitor, Escape Pod, Throttle Body Spacer, Homeroshi, ATRAC disable
    It's still auto, I've never changed it. Although I came across this screen last night while I was trying to find answers on google. I was actually going to change it to static and designate an IP specifically for this PC, but didn't have the DNS address handy. Would giving this PC it's own static IP work?

I just don't understand how (being auto) it constantly finds IPs already in use...

Tried that :(

release comes back and says "No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected." Then below that there are Ethernet adapter LAC, Tunnel adapter is stamp.Belkin, and Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface, all of which say "Media disconnected" after them.

renew says "Windows IP Configuration

An error occurred while renewing interface Wireless Network Connection : The name specified in the network control block (NCB) is in use on a remote adapter. The NCB is the data.

No operation can be performed on Local Area Connection while it has its media disconnected."

5. May 9, 2013 at 5:17 PM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    I think I got it... Changed the IP to static, gave it its own IP address. Closed the window, then some popup came up for windows troubleshooter. It scanned, found a "fix", I applied, and it said "DHCP not set to auto". Then I tried to get on the Internet, and it started working! Thanks

6. May 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    Yota1

Yota1 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Windows 7 likes to release and grab a new ip constantly. Easiest fix is to static assign it like you did.

7. May 10, 2013 at 3:27 AM
    rex99

Member:
    TArdCOMAWORLD
    Vehicle:
    Proton Cruiser
    It's weird though, I've never had that problem for the year I've owned this pc until now. I've done nothing different, just went to turn it on one day and it had this problem.

8. May 10, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    Aw9d

Aw9d That one guy

Member:
    It happens to windows 7 from time to time.. Sometimes the router is to blame as well.. Glad you got it fixed!

Products Discussed in

To Top