Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Samsung Galaxy S4 - Poor battery life, any suggestions?

Old 05-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #41
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
1. Auto might be part of it. Some people like it, some don't.

D. Might depend on your Wi-Fi settings. Check settings such as "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep", "Avoid Poor Connections" and "Wi-Fi optimization"
I don't have any issues with the auto functioning properly, but if it was not set to auto it would be on the middle section of the intensity setting. I'll have to check out the wifi settings. One would assume, if said phone was connected to a network it wouldn't search for a different one. I know when I get close to a star bucks, or an AT&T store it does connect automatically even though the LTE is way faster than their sub-par wifi.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:34 AM   #42
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I don't have any issues with the auto functioning properly, but if it was not set to auto it would be on the middle section of the intensity setting. I'll have to check out the wifi settings. One would assume, if said phone was connected to a network it wouldn't search for a different one. I know when I get close to a star bucks, or an AT&T store it does connect automatically even though the LTE is way faster than their sub-par wifi.
This is what toggles are great for. You can set brightness to anything you want. I usually set mine for 33% indoors, or 15% or lower at night time. I usually only use 100% when in the sun. You could also use a toggle for Wi-Fi. Toggle it on when at home, off when you're out, so it's not connecting to random, unsecured, untrusted networks.
Old 05-13-2013, 08:40 AM   #43
Mr. President
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Why not just get extra batteries? I did that on my old phone, fixed the problem.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=30773866641
Old 05-14-2013, 04:54 AM   #44
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamSarcasm View Post
Why not just get extra batteries? I did that on my old phone, fixed the problem.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...id=30773866641
I might have to look in to that, but update #2 here the battery is wanting to last longer for some reason or another. I have not tinkered with the settings.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:56 AM   #45
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Root it, put on a good ROM. You'll be set.
Or you could get a "zero lemon" extended battery...instead of half a day with a lot of use, I'm getting 2 full days
Look
Old 05-14-2013, 05:01 AM   #46
Red
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by xaqori View Post
Root it, put on a good ROM. You'll be set.
Or you could get a "zero lemon" extended battery...instead of half a day with a lot of use, I'm getting 2 full days
Look
Been reading the battery related articles on reddit, and there isn't much rom support for the phone yet, not enough for me to tinker with anyway.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:07 AM   #47
MOλΩN λABE
xaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shedxaqori is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zac
xaqori's Tacoma Gallery
Just hold out til the zero lemon comes out. Totally worth it - if I don't use my phone much I could easily make this thing last two weeks
Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 PM   #48
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Task killers are a complete waste of time. IMHO 99% of the time that you have issues like this, it is because of a bad app or poor cell signal. I regularly get a day and half out of my note 2 with moderate usage. I leave wifi, bluetooth, gps and everything on. even run my screen at full brightness all the time. I dont have any custom roms. just root and removed some bloatware. Recently i installed words with friends and found it to be a problem. uninstalled and voila battery life is back. Unfortunately android hasnt pinned down a way to tell you exactly which app is the problem. These are getting less and less as the developers get better at avoiding these issues. the other possibility is that you got a lemon.

Ill add a screen shot once i get it sent to my email.

Attached Thumbnails
Samsung Galaxy S4 - Poor battery life, any suggestions?-screenshot_2013-05-14-16-35-23.jpg