Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Best apps on smartphones!

Old 06-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #81
'Stralia! Riding Roo's and wrangling koalas
Redfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedfox1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Conner
Redfox1's Tacoma Gallery
Shazam, Wells Fargo, and flashlight app have probably been the handiest for me. Weather channel app is nice too
Old 06-13-2013, 04:28 AM   #82
HAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedHAVOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed
HAVOC's Tacoma Gallery
One of my favorites is the Key Ring app. Keeps all your store cards on your phone and has weekly sales flyers there as well. Was recently updated and its better than before.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:58 PM   #83
Write your love, Then your anger.
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
ToyComa92's Tacoma Gallery
iOS 7 is looking pretty fucking sweet... Kinda anxious to get it running on mine... Gotta wait til fall though... Come on!
Old 06-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #84
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Can anyone suggest a Android app for tethering on a Motorola Bionic? Suddenly with a new update I no longer have tethering
Old 06-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #85
ToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyComa92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was given a fucking Samsung Nexus for a loaner while my APPLE iPhone is being repaired... I cant work this stupid android shit!!!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #87
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Samsung S3

Drippler
My Fitness Pal
Droid Light
Zedge
Golf now
Keyring
Color note
Weatherbug
Home depot (great for finding items in your store, It shows the location; aisle)
Facebook
Shazam
Google offers
Gmail

Games
Jetpack Joyride
Words with Friends
Hungry Shark
Hill Climb Racing
Old 06-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #88
Lord of Tomfoolery
genxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgenxer36 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
genxer36's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Can anyone suggest a Android app for tethering on a Motorola Bionic? Suddenly with a new update I no longer have tethering
I've downloaded Kies Air, But never used it. It is a tethering app.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #89
llibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shedllibrm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
llibrm's Tacoma Gallery
One of the most useful ones I've got is our groceries. It's shared between the wife and I so we can both add or delete items needed. Run multiple lists for everything from Costco to Home Depot. And it's free.99
Old 06-23-2013, 11:40 PM   #90

not liking this nexus AT ALL! UGH give me my iPhone back best buy you dicks!!
Old 06-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #91
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyComa92 View Post
not liking this nexus AT ALL! UGH give me my iPhone back best buy you dicks!!
LOL... i switched from my iPhone to Android once... never again.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:51 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
LOL... i switched from my iPhone to Android once... never again.
i feel like an 80 year old working this stupid thing, Like WTF i have to do so much just to get to my messages. Like seriously, Phone sucks 3 out of 10.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:27 AM   #93
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i feel like an 80 year old working this stupid thing, Like WTF i have to do so much just to get to my messages. Like seriously, Phone sucks 3 out of 10.

Just pull the icon for messages to your desktop if it's not already there. Or you can get them through the notification bar. You just pull it down and click the message.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #94
650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed650H1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Police
Name: Mike
650H1's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The UI didn't bother me, the shitty battery, and fact that nothing worked as well as the iPhone solidified my choice. I have the 4S, completely happy with it right now. Curious to see what comes out this fall. It hurts android that the OS is made to work on shit hardware, and good hardware, where the iPhone is the only thing running iOS, and its apples only and best phone ya know? Apple doesn't have to worry about making it work on free phones that you would give to your kids and stuff....
Old 06-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #95
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Currently running a Cyanogen 10.1 / Paranoid ROM on my HTC Rezound.

The apps I usually install:

AndFTP
Android Tuner
Apex Launcher
Application Folder (Paid)
Camera Zoom FX
ConnectBot
Dolphin Browser
DroidWall
Elixir2
ES File Explorer
Fancy Widgets (Paid)
Home2Shortcut
Koi Live Wallpaper (for the ripple effect)(Paid)
MX Player
QuickPic
RealCalc
Simple Calendar
SMS Popup
Terminal Emulator
Text Edit
Ultra Keyboard (Paid)
WiFi Manager
WiFi Tether
Old 06-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by 650H1 View Post
The UI didn't bother me, the shitty battery, and fact that nothing worked as well as the iPhone solidified my choice. I have the 4S, completely happy with it right now. Curious to see what comes out this fall. It hurts android that the OS is made to work on shit hardware, and good hardware, where the iPhone is the only thing running iOS, and its apples only and best phone ya know? Apple doesn't have to worry about making it work on free phones that you would give to your kids and stuff....
Yah i thought my iPhone had a bad battery. This thing SUCKS for battery life!!!
Old 06-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #97
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
iPhone 5 iO7

Apps no longer needed since upgrading:
iheartradio <--- iTunes Radio
flashlight app <--- Built in now
Clear Day <-- New weather app is cool

Ones I still use:
Tapatalk 2
Boxcar
SplashID
Waze
Sworkit
IP Cam Viewer
Hill Climb
Jetpack Joyride
Fun Run
Solitaire
MotionX-GPS
USAA
Fandango
Tipulator
TV Forecast
Flixster
Kids Media
iPhoto
iMovie
Skitch
Echolink
Baby Connect
First Aid
NHL Game Center
Fitbit
YNAB
Old 06-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #98
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxer36 View Post
I've downloaded Kies Air, But never used it. It is a tethering app.
I saw that Kies Air was already on my phone. According to the Play Store, it's not a tethering app. It's an app to share data between your phone and your PC (e.g. transfer pictures over wifi instead of hooking up the phone to the computer).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....kiesair&hl=en
Old 06-27-2013, 09:39 AM   #99
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
To the other Android users complaining of bad battery life. Go to Google Maps > Settings > Location Settings > Location Reporting - Do not update your location. Somehow recently this wasn't checked on mine, and made a noticeable impact on battery life.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:54 AM   #100
imDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shedimDARRIN is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Darrin
imDARRIN's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up

Quote:
iOS 7 is looking pretty fucking sweet... Kinda anxious to get it running on mine... Gotta wait til fall though... Come on!
I upgraded to iOS 7 beta1 last week and it is awesome. They just updated to beta2 the other day which fixed a few minor glitches. Overall the new OS is GREAT and very easy to install. Just follow these instructions.