Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

You an Access 2010 Guru? Help please.

Old 06-17-2013, 11:44 AM   #41
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Right, I am completely understanding what you are saying about DISTINCT now. Thank you.
No problem. Try the query in post 38. It's slightly different than the one I had listed earlier.
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #42
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 31R, HHB, 2/43 ADA Battalian, 108th ADA Brigade, XVIII Airborne Corps
Name: Chip
Chipskip's Tacoma Gallery
Now what I need to figure out is how to get all the other inflammation too, I need the shift, name and call type for those. I think this is a great start and I just need to do some trial and error. Adding one piece of info again and again until I find one that breaks it and then figure out how to get that info from a different query. You really have help me a lot, thank you.
Old 06-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #43
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipskip View Post
Now what I need to figure out is how to get all the other inflammation too, I need the shift, name and call type for those. I think this is a great start and I just need to do some trial and error. Adding one piece of info again and again until I find one that breaks it and then figure out how to get that info from a different query. You really have help me a lot, thank you.
That's where the join will come in. You create your larger query and then join to the smaller uniqueticketnumber recordset based on pkey. It will only return records which have the same pkey as the data in your uniqueticketnumber query.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #44
N7MCS
Chipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shedChipskip is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
That's where the join will come in. You create your larger query and then join to the smaller uniqueticketnumber recordset based on pkey. It will only return records which have the same pkey as the data in your uniqueticketnumber query.
OK, I feel stupid! I have had no issues with this sort of join in the past. But instead of beating my head against the keyboard, I figured I would reach out to you once more.

Now I need to pull the other information from that table, I am able to grab ever field, except one field without issue. All the other fields are the same for every record, but the field "TTA" is a time field that is different for every record entry.

The joins with the pKey just isn't doing it to pull only the records with matching pKey. I have tried the different join properties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Without TTA field, but maintains the unique tickets
SELECT DISTINCT [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].iTrackerTeam, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].Shift, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].infoPACCTicketAssignee, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].TicketNumber, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].CallType
FROM qry_InfopaccTickets_NoDupes INNER JOIN [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA] ON qry_InfopaccTickets_NoDupes.pKey = [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].pKey
GROUP BY [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].iTrackerTeam, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].Shift, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].infoPACCTicketAssignee, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].TicketNumber, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].CallType, qry_InfopaccTickets_NoDupes.pKey;
Quote:
Originally Posted by When I add the TTA fied
SELECT [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].iTrackerTeam, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].Shift, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].infoPACCTicketAssignee, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].TicketNumber, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].CallType, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].TTA
FROM qry_InfopaccTickets_NoDupes INNER JOIN [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA] ON qry_InfopaccTickets_NoDupes.pKey = [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].pKey
GROUP BY [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].iTrackerTeam, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].Shift, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].infoPACCTicketAssignee, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].TicketNumber, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].CallType, [qry_InfoPACCAck&TTA].TTA, qry_InfopaccTickets_NoDupes.pKey;
Old 06-19-2013, 11:08 AM   #45

Have you tried removing the group by statements. Maybe something weird is going on with them. I would try eliminating the group by unless you need it. It is typically used with aggregate queries (e.g. a sum function that calculates an order total).
http://beginner-sql-tutorial.com/sql...-by-clause.htm
Old 06-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #46
N7MCS

I decided to use the same method for getting a unique Ticket number to get a unique TTA. Then rejoining them via the pkey.

Everything is working now.

Just cleaning up the hierarchy of queries to get me the final report.

Looks like I am finally getting a new computer and maybe get my Access training class approved.

Thanks for all your help.