Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Galaxy s4 charging issue.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:31 PM   #1
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
Galaxy s4 charging issue.

When I use my gps on my phone and have my charger plugged in welling doesn't charge at all. Anyone know why?
Old 06-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
nocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant futurenocaltaco has a brilliant future

Name: DTM
nocaltaco's Tacoma Gallery
It's a cheap ass Korean pos.
that's why.
Get an iPhone, bud.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:07 PM   #3
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
I got an s3.... same thing but yours is a bit upgraded. I've had different experiences with different chargers and different outlets ( car, home, work, whatever). they all take a different time to charge. and I've actually run my battery down while it was on the charger.... while driving and using my gps and Bluetooth,. thats just due to the older vehicle I was in....

could just be the voltage or your chargers ability to charge, or the port your using (usb, wall, cigarette lighter in car)
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
I bring the feel goods
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
Is it registering the connection?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:11 AM   #5
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nocaltaco View Post
It's a cheap ass Korean pos.
that's why.
Get an iPhone, bud.
Why get rid of a cheap Korean pos for a expensive Chinese pos?
Old 06-08-2013, 07:16 AM   #6
EDJY has a spectacular aura aboutEDJY has a spectacular aura about
Name: Elliott
EDJY's Tacoma Gallery
Typical on android phones. Your putting more draw on the battery than you are charging it basically. My old phone used to discharge on the charger while using the hotspot. Also if you are using an old charger you probably not getting enough amperage. Most the older chargers are 500 milliamps, the new ones are all at least 1 amp (1000 milliamps)
Old 06-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #7
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDJY View Post
Typical on android phones. Your putting more draw on the battery than you are charging it basically. My old phone used to discharge on the charger while using the hotspot. Also if you are using an old charger you probably not getting enough amperage. Most the older chargers are 500 milliamps, the new ones are all at least 1 amp (1000 milliamps)
Depends on the phone. My old Droid came with a 850ma charger. Both of my HTC phones came with 1000ma chargers. I have a generic VZW charger that puts out 2100ma. Car chargers won't put out as much. USB 2.0 will put out a max of 500ma. USB 3 will put out 900ma.

My phone will discharge on my car charger if I have the screen on full brightness, and using a lot of data.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:14 PM   #8
mtxsub is on a distinguished road

mtxsub's Tacoma Gallery
well it chargers when gps is off owell i still have my iphone as a paper weight.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtxsub View Post
well it chargers when gps is off owell i still have my iphone as a paper weight.
GPS shouldn't consume that much power. Either something is wrong with the charger, the battery or the phone itself.