Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Playstation 4 100 69.93%
Xbox One 43 30.07%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #21
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
i have been a die hard x box fanboy for 9 years...but after the latest bull shit that gets tacked to the x box one honestly i think ill be switching to ps4 for my next console. the used game thing hit the nail in the coffin. thats just some dumb shit. as well as the online authentication thing. if my internet shits out i still want to be able to use the dam thing.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:37 PM   #22
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Germ View Post
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...130613061346:s

I'm sure they'll make these for ps4 as well. Problem solved.
Problem solved but that things ugly as hell haha
Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
skyrim is on the 360 already....
I know. I meant for the xbox one, and not skyrim, but games like skyrim. Where you are playing singleplayer and don't even need internet to play.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:50 PM   #25
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDtrucks View Post
i have been a die hard x box fanboy for 9 years...but after the latest bull shit that gets tacked to the x box one honestly i think ill be switching to ps4 for my next console. the used game thing hit the nail in the coffin. thats just some dumb shit. as well as the online authentication thing. if my internet shits out i still want to be able to use the dam thing.
Same here. I'm out in the boonies and have less than reliable internet service. When it does it work, it's usually slow as all get out and I pay for extra bandwith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfn5402 View Post
Problem solved but that things ugly as hell haha
True. I've seen better looking ones at Frys electronics. That was the result of a very quick search.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #26
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
The consoles were once meant to be gaming platforms yes but the xbox is becoming a different animal. yes its great for gaming but theres a lot more to it now.

interesting to read but this is a blurp from a 2005 Times Magazine interview with bill gates
Quote:
"You can't just sell it as a convergence device," Gates says. "You gotta get in there because certain members of the family [i.e., teenage boys] think it's a must-have type thing. But the way to cement it is as a family experience. And the way that it really makes sense for Microsoft, and we justify this sort of circuitous route that we went down, is because of how it fits in the living room."
Old 06-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #27
Just out for a rip are ya bud?
IDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shedIDtrucks is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
IDtrucks's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The consoles were once meant to be gaming platforms yes but the xbox is becoming a different animal. yes its great for gaming but theres a lot more to it now.

interesting to read but this is a blurp from a 2005 Times Magazine interview with bill gates
everything is turning into the dam wii. eventually all the core gamers will have to turn to pc, because the console is getting domesticated
Old 06-13-2013, 12:11 AM   #28
Wren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud ofWren has much to be proud of

Name: Josh
Wren's Tacoma Gallery
Click Here

I pretty much am choosing the PS4 over the Xbox 1 on simply principle. At this time I can see why they want to have it always connected and for people who have reliable connection they will probably always have it connected. Though I am from one of the poorest parts of the nation and know too many people who do not have internet or people in wealthier areas who would normally buy a console who will simply not buy one be cause of the connection issue. I think its a ridiculous move by microsoft and a dumb one at that to where they immediately are limiting the demographic for their product. The PS4 specs wise nudges out better, will more than likely cost less, and does not have the connection or used game restrictions. Its hands down Sony for me.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 AM   #29
Monster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonster Coma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Corey
Monster Coma's Tacoma Gallery
I'm pissed they both have AMD processors lol.. I've always been a big xbox player but I'm debating the swith.. xbox live costs too much for how little I play nowadays. The only things keeping the xbox alive for me are controller, exclusives, and COD downloads on xbox before ps
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 AM   #30
dmmoody is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl Secret Squirrel
dmmoody's Tacoma Gallery
I don't understand why people are whining about the requirement to connect an Xbox One to the internet to be able to use it. I don't remember the last time I have used my 360 when it wasn't hooked up to the internet. It's not like high-speed internet is an exclusive thing anymore anyways, and chances are if you have the money to buy an Xbox One you're also going to have internet connection capability. It's just consumers being butthurt for the sake of being butthurt.

I foresee Microsoft realizing that their stance on used games is going to kill them, so they'll probably change their policy in the future, so I have no reason to not buy an X1.

I'd buy a PS4 but PlayStation controllers are still complete garbage. Maybe next gen Sony will figure out that having the sticks next to each other on a wide controller is a terrible design decision. IDK how they've gone now 4 console generations without realizing how stupid and non-ergonomic that is.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 AM   #31
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
Well for as little as i play, i’ll keep the PS3 till it crashes. it has lasted me since ’08 with no problems.

but if it crashed next time i used it, i’d get the PS4. I(unlike most on here it looks like) love the PS controller over the xbox controllers. I have friends that got the 1st x box and i have hated the controllers ever since then! unlike the XBOX I don’t have to reach at all for a single button or stick on the PS controller. I kinda have big hands, and my fingers are kinda ling and the PS controller just feels much better to me.

also i like that people could come over and log in to their account and play games, or i could do the same. which i already do with my brothers on the PS3 i have my account set up to log in on their ps3’s and they have the same on mine. Also i like that you don’t have to be connected to the internet all the time and can also share games. because i’ll just take the games to my brothers or other friends and play with out taking the whole console.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:27 AM   #32
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well since forza 5 wont be on the playstation, xbox it is.
x3. And halo... lol
Old 06-13-2013, 04:16 AM   #33
thelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant futurethelivestone has a brilliant future
Coast Guard: Marine Science Tech
Name: paul
thelivestone's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well since forza 5 wont be on the playstation, xbox it is.
I second this because im a major fan

And also as much better i think playstation is..... Ill most likely be XBOX due to familiarity and i got buddies getting Battlefield 4 for it.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:21 AM   #34
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...inect-attached

If the xbox one doesnt function without the kinect then this is another problem for me as well. I may just be paranoid but I dont like the fact that a camera will be constantly on in my house. Im sure it wouldnt take much for the government to be able to watch and listen in while i sit in my living room talking to family and friends. and yeah when its turned off then its off but take into the account that if its plugged in im sure its not hard to turn it on from a remote location and just start watching us. GOVERNMENT SPY TOOL! if i do get one ill plug it in do the calibration test then im wrapping it up in foam and bubble wrap and tucking it behind the tv.
Old 06-13-2013, 05:30 AM   #35

and you cant go more than 24 hours without it being connected to the internet, thats so "big brother" can check up on you. theyll access your ip turn on your xbox the kinect will turn on and theyll be watching you and the family. i bet the kinect doesnt have a little dot saying when its on either like the old one did with the green led. BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!
Old 06-13-2013, 05:33 AM   #36
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
I guess I am the only one here who thinks PC > XBone and PS4 combined.. Since this isn't about PCs though, I'd go with the PS4 because fuck money hungry Microsoft.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:08 AM   #37
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
I think the only thing I liked about the 360 controller over the PS3 controller was the stiffer trigger buttons. The 360 has a better social networking setup, so you're friends are more able to stalk you while you play.

I started playing games when the ColecoVision was out. So I just want to buy a physical game, and play it until either the game or system dies. I like tech, but overall I don't like the direction today's game consoles are going.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:24 AM   #38
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
I think the only thing I liked about the 360 controller over the PS3 controller was the stiffer trigger buttons. The 360 has a better social networking setup, so you're friends are more able to stalk you while you play.

I started playing games when the ColecoVision was out. So I just want to buy a physical game, and play it until either the game or system dies. I like tech, but overall I don't like the direction today's game consoles are going.
That's really why I prefer PC, there is almost 100% complete reverse compatibility with almost any game. I do have a PS3, and I've been through 4 Xbox 360s (all red ring of death) that Microsoft kept repairing for me, the last one that messed up I finished it off with my 7 Mag on my ranch.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:30 AM   #39
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
That's really why I prefer PC, there is almost 100% complete reverse compatibility with almost any game. I do have a PS3, and I've been through 4 Xbox 360s (all red ring of death) that Microsoft kept repairing for me, the last one that messed up I finished it off with my 7 Mag on my ranch.
I haven't really used my PC for gaming since I used XP. I was tired of being in a game for hours and have the game suddenly crash with explanation. I love my PS3. It just irritates me when I want to play a game real quick or watch Netflix, and have to sit through updates for things that don't apply to me.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 AM   #40
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

yep... as well as being a windows media extender and integrating with my pc better. now that they've added a Blu-ray, i'll be selling my Blu-ray and getting the xbox so i'll be reducing my stack by one box. and thank god they changed the form factor so it will stack better.