Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Playstation 4 100 69.93%
Xbox One 43 30.07%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #61
GO VOLS!
TnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTnRedNeck721 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
TnRedNeck721's Tacoma Gallery
oh and another plus for the PS4 you can save $100. and when you play and use a system as little as i do, thats a pretty big plus. right now every time i turn the ps3 on i have to do updates, because i turn it on like 2 times a month.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #62
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I just thought of something. This might be a good reason. With Xbox going Blu-ray, it would make it easier for people to copy games since Blu-ray trumped HD-DVD years ago. Blu-ray burners are pretty inexpensive now to buy and have always been easier to find compared to HD-DVD since HD-DVD wasn't around for very long. Just my thoughts.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #63
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian007Taco View Post
I just thought of something. This might be a good reason. With Xbox going Blu-ray, it would make it easier for people to copy games since Blu-ray trumped HD-DVD years ago. Blu-ray burners are pretty inexpensive now to buy and have always been easier to find compared to HD-DVD since HD-DVD wasn't around for very long. Just my thoughts.
Copying games won't be easy though. Every time someone finds an exploit to play copies, the next update usually renders the exploit useless. Or you don't update and can't access the network. Since the XB1 will render your legit copies unless if not verified in 24 hours, copies are gonna be impossible, or not worth the hassle.
Old 06-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #64
dmmoody is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl Secret Squirrel
dmmoody's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmoody View Post
I foresee Microsoft realizing that their stance on used games is going to kill them, so they'll probably change their policy in the future, so I have no reason to not buy an X1.
called it.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-remov...-drm-514390310

Quote:
So, today I am announcing the following changes to Xbox One and how you can play, share, lend, and resell your games exactly as you do today on Xbox 360. Here is what that means:

An internet connection will not be required to play offline Xbox One games – After a one-time system set-up with a new Xbox One, you can play any disc based game without ever connecting online again. There is no 24 hour connection requirement and you can take your Xbox One anywhere you want and play your games, just like on Xbox 360.

Trade-in, lend, resell, gift, and rent disc based games just like you do today – There will be no limitations to using and sharing games, it will work just as it does today on Xbox 360.

In addition to buying a disc from a retailer, you can also download games from Xbox Live on day of release. If you choose to download your games, you will be able to play them offline just like you do today. Xbox One games will be playable on any Xbox One console — there will be no regional restrictions.
I bet everyone who already plunked down a prepay for a PS4 feels stupid now.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:56 PM   #65
ross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant futureross123 has a brilliant future
Army:
ross123's Tacoma Gallery
Yep I'll be buying a Xbox now.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #66
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I figured they would back track. The DRM policies were too strict. I will buy one at some point. I don't care for the way PS's controller is set up. I prefer Xbox over PS in that department.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:27 PM   #67
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
Honestly both are a ripoff and both suck since they just announced them this year
Old 06-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #69
TOYOTA.. Because barbie drives a jeep..
07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed07COMA801 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
07COMA801's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
called it.

http://kotaku.com/microsoft-is-remov...-drm-514390310

HAHA not what so ever I hate xboxs set up, network and everything els about it. so no I don't feel "stupid" Atleast I still don't have to pay for PSN
Old 06-19-2013, 05:02 PM   #70
detnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the sheddetnight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
detnight's Tacoma Gallery
will buy both, X1 wnen Foza 5 comes out and PS4 when Grand Turismo 6 comes out. Forza and Grand Turismo are the only games I play on the consoles. I do play a few other RACE games on the consoles but will buy each console because of the Forza and Grand Turismo titles. Everything else is played on the PC (BF4/Call Of Duty/etc etc etc just shotem up games)
Old 06-19-2013, 05:11 PM   #71
Adub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shedAdub4real is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: corps of engineers
Name: Adam
Adub4real's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ross123 View Post
Yep I'll be buying a Xbox now.
x2, since the change.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #72
06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough06yoda is a jewel in the rough
Navy: Engineman
Name: Tanner
06yoda's Tacoma Gallery
Xbox should have done all these changes from the start and since there attitudes suck along with there lack of military support and weak responses to the real gaming community, I personally will be sticking with my decision with getting the PS4 and hope others do the same especially because the consoles are so similar. ( I also have a 360 )
Old 06-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #73
dmmoody is on a distinguished road

Marines: Cpl Secret Squirrel
dmmoody's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07COMA801 View Post
HAHA not what so ever I hate xboxs set up, network and everything els about it. so no I don't feel "stupid" Atleast I still don't have to pay for PSN
The only thing about PSN that is better than Xbox Live is that it's free. Otherwise, XBL >>>>>>>> PSN.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:08 PM   #74
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Edited OP to show this.

Quote:
Well PS4 is still $100 cheaper, and more powerful. Also, I know a few people who pre-ordered some to flip them on ebay while there is a back order.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #75
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
hey its your guys own money. This should be a sign that XBOX got dominated on pre orders and they may never recover from this hit. I cant believe people would still go back to Xbox after the blatant dis regard for what you the gamer wants.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:25 AM   #76
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
I'm still not decided on what console I will get, if I ever get one. I support xbox because they are based in my hometown and I have always been an xbox guy. I do own a ps2 though.

Quote:
The only thing about PSN that is better than Xbox Live is that it's free. Otherwise, XBL >>>>>>>> PSN.
I heard PSN will be charging as well now.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #77
woodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoodygg is one of the sharper tools in the shed
woodygg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
hey its your guys own money. This should be a sign that XBOX got dominated on pre orders and they may never recover from this hit. I cant believe people would still go back to Xbox after the blatant dis regard for what you the gamer wants.
Personally I was getting Xbox regardless of the recent change. Neither of the restrictions bothered me much. Gamer wants it for free, they want to make money...
Old 06-23-2013, 02:36 PM   #79
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely Xbox.

With PS3 vs. Xbox 360, for me it was mainly a choice of exclusive titles. Gears of War and Halo won me over to Xbox, especially since I can still get Resident Evil and GTA on the Xbox. I haven't seen any exclusive titles for either next gen console that I really feel I have to have, and if there are any GOW or Halo sequels they'll most likely be on the One.

I have an original 360 HDMI console. It probably runs 10 hours a day playing games or television and has for atleast the 3 years we have had it, and it's a tank. I know a lot of people have had issues with their 360s, but mine as been awesome. If anything, I may get another 360 and hold off on the One until I hear more about the games.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #80
Rand Paul 2016
Chad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shedChad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Chad's Tacoma Gallery
Undecided on what I'll get. I haven't read much about the XB1 since it was released, but have they addressed the always on kinect BS? That's the deal breaker for me. I would get a PS4 anyways but the PS controller is terrible in my opinion.