Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
Playstation 4 100 69.93%
Xbox One 43 30.07%
Voters: 143. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 PM   #1
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
replica9000's Tacoma Gallery
Playstation 4 vs Xbox One

So the next generations of consoles are coming out. Which one would you choose?

Playstation 4 Specs:
----------------------------------
Price $399
8 Core AMD APU with 18 GPU compute units.
8 GB DDR5 Unified system memory
500 GB upgradable HDD
4K Resolution Support
HDMI and S/PDIF
Blu-Ray drive
Region Free
No DRM, no online requirement, no authentication requirements.

Xbox One Specs:
Price $499
8 Core AMD APU with 12 GPU compute units.
8 GB DDR3 (3 GB for OS / 5 GB for games)
500 GB non-replaceable HDD
4K Resolution Support
HDMI 1.4
Blu-Ray drive
Region locked
Strict DRM, Internet required for authentication every 24 hours, used or borrowed game restrictions.
Restrictions have be lifted.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:30 PM   #2
OmniPhillips is on a distinguished road
Name: Omni
OmniPhillips's Tacoma Gallery
The one thing that swayed me back to Playstation after all this time loving Xbox was the fact that I wont be able to Gamefly games for Xbox One. No game rentals is some BS.

I might just buy both though.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
replica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedreplica9000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I was a little dissapointed Sony isn't using a nVidia GPU this time, but I guess an APU keeps cost down. I think M$ is shooting themselves in the foot with the used/rented game restrictions.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:34 PM   #4
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
As far as xbox vs playstation, I could care less. I have always had xbox. Either the original or 360. I have a PS2 sitting around somewhere. (I think hooked up in my truck). I think for this time around, If I buy either of these, I will go with PS4. Mainly, for something different. As far as the specs listed, it looks to be a little bit better of a console. I'm tired of paying for Xbox Live. I don't know what it will be like for the newer consoles, but I have been ready for a change for awhile. I almost actually switched to a PS3 awhile back.

Also, the news was just released that the Elder Scrolls Online will be released for both of these consoles, along with PC. So I could care less which one I have lol.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:38 PM   #5
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by replica9000 View Post
So the next generations of consoles are coming out. Which one would you choose?

Playstation 4 Specs:
Price $399
8 Core AMD APU with 18 GPU compute units.
8 GB DDR5 Unified system memory
500 GB upgradable HDD
4K Resolution Support
HDMI and S/PDIF
Blu-Ray drive
Region Free
No DRM, no online requirement, no authentication requirements.

Xbox One Specs:
Price $499
8 Core AMD APU with 12 GPU compute units.
8 GB DDR3 (3 GB for OS / 5 GB for games)
500 GB non-replaceable HDD
4K Resolution Support
HDMI 1.4
Blu-Ray drive
Region locked
Strict DRM, Internet required for authentication every 24 hours, used or borrowed game restrictions.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #6
eaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud ofeaglesfn5402 has much to be proud of

Army: SPC
Name: Cory
eaglesfn5402's Tacoma Gallery
im having trouble deciding and the only reason im even considering the xbox is because of the new halo game. Plus the wife said she wont play the ps4 because she's used tot he xbox controller. agreed that its bs that we cant share games on the xbox though plus it has to be validated every 24 hours through internet connection. i really only play COD and Battlefield and both of those games are for both systems so its hard to tell which one ill end up with, looking like the xbox for right now because of the wifes complaint haha.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #7
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Captain Jack Sparrow
m3bassman's Tacoma Gallery
Well since forza 5 wont be on the playstation, xbox it is.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #8
007Taco
Brian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrian007Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Don't ask!
Brian007Taco's Tacoma Gallery
This is a sad day for Xbox. I wonder if they will retract their DRM restrictions before or shortly after initial release.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:47 PM   #9
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
Well since forza 5 wont be on the playstation, xbox it is.
yup
Old 06-12-2013, 10:50 PM   #10

Some of the restrictions:

• You can only give Xbox One games to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days.
  • Each game can only be given once.
  • Anyone can play your games on your console -- regardless of whether you are logged in.
  • Microsoft allows you to gift games to friends but they can't "borrow" them. Microsoft says of this, "loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
  • Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One."
  • You can always play your games, but only one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
A post on Microsoft's Xbox Wire confirms that games can only be played offline on the primary console for up to 24 hours. After that, the console will need to be connected to the internet or it will not be possible to play games. Watching TV, Blu-ray or DVD movies is still allowed, however.

The internet connection requirements are stricter for those that want to play a game on a secondary console. If an Xbox One game owner wants to play a game at a friend's house, they are required to be connected to the internet every hour.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #11
Gus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGus 524 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
Gus 524's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

• You can only give Xbox One games to people who have been on your friends list for at least 30 days.
  • Anyone can play your games on your console -- regardless of whether you are logged in.
  • Microsoft allows you to gift games to friends but they can't "borrow" them. Microsoft says of this, "loaning or renting games won’t be available at launch, but we are exploring the possibilities with our partners."
  • Xbox One will also allow you to give up to 10 family members access to "log in and play from your shared games library on any Xbox One."
  • You can always play your games, but only one of your family members can be playing from your shared library at a given time.
A post on Microsoft's Xbox Wire confirms that games can only be played offline on the primary console for up to 24 hours. After that, the console will need to be connected to the internet or it will not be possible to play games. Watching TV, Blu-ray or DVD movies is still allowed, however.

The internet connection requirements are stricter for those that want to play a game on a secondary console. If an Xbox One game owner wants to play a game at a friend's house, they are required to be connected to the internet every hour.
Doesn't sound to bad to me actually. I haven't bought a used game for a while and haven't sold a game in a long time. wont affect me
Old 06-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
pc master race
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 PM   #13
Professional Web Wheeler
m3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shedm3bassman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gus 524 View Post
yup
glad im not alone. gotta pick up the LCE versoin first, wont be able to afford the console for awhile.
Quote:

And NONE of that would have ever effected me in the 5+ years ive played xbox. and i have a 360 as backup. i think people are making too big of a stink about it. the always on kinect is the thing that annoys me.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bassman View Post
And NONE of that would have ever effected me in the 5+ years ive played xbox. and i have a 360 as backup. i think people are making too big of a stink about it. the always on kinect is the thing that annoys me.
It will affect some more than others. While most people are on the Internet these days, if for some reason you can't connect to it, you can't play your single player offline games. I'm not a big online multi player gamer, so it would suck if I couldn't even play by myself. I mostly buy games new and support the developer, but I do buy used occasionally.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:11 PM   #16
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
It will affect some more than others. While most people are on the Internet these days, if for some reason you can't connect to it, you can't play your single player offline games. I'm not a big online multi player gamer, so it would suck if I couldn't even play by myself. I mostly buy games new and support the developer, but I do buy used occasionally.
im always connected although online multiplayer consists of 10% of my online gaming. if that. Last i checked there are some kickass 360 games out there. might be worth it to stock up on them when the prices drop in november. i know i will. and buy forza and wait on the console.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #17
Master Navigator/Zipper Operator
Germ is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shedGerm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Germ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesfn5402 View Post
im having trouble deciding and the only reason im even considering the xbox is because of the new halo game. Plus the wife said she wont play the ps4 because she's used tot he xbox controller. agreed that its bs that we cant share games on the xbox though plus it has to be validated every 24 hours through internet connection. i really only play COD and Battlefield and both of those games are for both systems so its hard to tell which one ill end up with, looking like the xbox for right now because of the wifes complaint haha.
http://www.overstock.com/Books-Movie...130613061346:s

I'm sure they'll make these for ps4 as well. Problem solved.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #18
MGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacolover55 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

MGMTacolover55's Tacoma Gallery
I won't buy either since they will continue to release games for the 360 for a couple more years
Old 06-12-2013, 11:22 PM   #19
Very nice how much?
Forster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shedForster46 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Firefighter/EMT
Name: Nick
Forster46's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Forster46
The only thing annoying is the 24 hour internet validation. Seriously? What is the point in that. What if you want to play something like skyrim by yourself for a month straight, and you don't have wifi everywhere you play at. Still have to connect for no reason? Just going to lose xbox customers most likely.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Professional Web Wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forster46 View Post
The only thing annoying is the 24 hour internet validation. Seriously? What is the point in that. What if you want to play something like skyrim by yourself for a month straight, and you don't have wifi everywhere you play at. Still have to connect for no reason? Just going to lose xbox customers most likely.
skyrim is on the 360 already....