Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Which monitor is a better choice

Old 02-26-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
Which monitor is a better choice

Hey guys!!

I am debating between getting one of these two monitors but I don't know much about this stuff lol. Can anybody help me with my choice? Here are the links to the two monitors.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/p...9&sku=320-7345

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...&Sku=A179-2434
Old 02-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #2
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Hmm.. is the Acer really that much higher in contrast ratio and only 2ms?? Seems like the better monitor by the #'s
Old 02-26-2009, 05:37 PM   #3
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
I like the dell I have the 22 inch and it looks great. here's something to think about though. I have owned several Dell Products and never had one Iota of a problem. So I don't mind there bangledesh tech suport cause I never have to talk to them. Plus why would you have to call tech suport on a monitor. If you can't figure out how to hook a monitor up you pretty much deserve to talk to someone who can't speak english. Dell is a really good product.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:39 PM   #4

The thing that is making me lean to the Acer is that its 40,000:1 Dynamic and the Dell is only 1,000:1. Does that stuff really make a difference though?
Old 02-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #5
A_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shedA_Ninja_Racer is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Medicaly Discharged 13M
A_Ninja_Racer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post
Hmm.. is the Acer really that much higher in contrast ratio and only 2ms?? Seems like the better monitor by the #'s
40,000:1 compared to 10,000:1 I'm retracting my previous statement go with the Acer. Dell is still a good product though
Old 02-26-2009, 05:56 PM   #6

And 2ms vs 5ms dell
Old 02-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #7
Nuggety
Chickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shedChickenmunga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Chickenmunga's Tacoma Gallery
I'm partial to Samsung myself

out of those two, the Acer is definitely spanking Dell by the numbers.

Try using pricegrabber.com to compare your prices, and don't forget amazon.com. Any place you aren't sure of buying from, check them out on resellerratings.com