1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Iphone 5s

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TnRedNeck721, Sep 10, 2013.

1. Sep 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    TnRedNeck721

TnRedNeck721 [OP] Nick Namer

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    yeah there maybe a few problems with it at first. only real problem i see is if you have dirty hands it may not want to work right.

and x2. I love that i can touch the whole screen on iphone with just my thumb/one hand.

2. Sep 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    PcBuilder14

PcBuilder14 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brent
    Southern New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Off Road 4x4
    Not anything worth upgrading to in my opinion.

Better camera, have a DSLR.
    Faster processor, my IPhone 5 isn't slow.
    Fingerprint reader, don't use a password to unlock my phone.

3. Sep 11, 2013 at 7:54 AM
    MNStealth13Taco

MNStealth13Taco Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Rochester, MN
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black DCSB TRD Sport
    TRD Supercharger TRD Exhaust System TRD Quickshifter w/ TRD Shift Knob Rear View Mirror Lift Bracket Katzkin Leather w/Heat and Ventilation BAK Roll-X Tonneau Cover OEM Tacoma Bed Mat OEM Bed Extender Pop and Lock Power Tailgate Lock Smoke Weathertech Window Vents Black Weathertech DigitalFits 50%F/35%B Tint 265/60R18 Silent Armor Tires on 18" XD Monster Wheels Black Luverne BullBar and BajaStep
    I hear you there, I'm not a fan of pastel colors either...

4. Sep 11, 2013 at 7:56 AM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    No mud flaps, plasti dipped emblems, and rear bumper, Weather tech digital fit, Bed mat from tractor supply. Pioneer 4400BH head unit. B.A.M.F bed rail tie downs. AVS vent visors.
    nice. i had a cheap case right a way. and than a life proof, now just a $30 case. i have dropped my phone out of my truck getting out and it has not broke at all.

5. Sep 11, 2013 at 7:58 AM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    nice. but i just have a 4. if i had a 5 i would not upgrade.
    yeah the green is ok. but would still like it a little darker.

6. Sep 11, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    That's what the ipad and ipad mini are for.

What I don't understand.... the concept of holding a 6" wide box to your ear while talking on the phone. ;)

7. Sep 11, 2013 at 8:18 AM
    xJuice

xJuice My spoon is too Big!

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    N. Texas
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra MGM
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    fixed

8. Sep 11, 2013 at 8:22 AM
    TacoDaTugBoat

TacoDaTugBoat Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goshen, Ct
    Vehicle:
    13 DCLB TRD Sport
    I will be upgrading to the 5S. My wife and I have 4's now and it will be a huge jump! I do not lock the phone now because it is too much of a hassle, but would like to lock it, so the fingerprint thing is perfect. I DO NOT like the gold in the least bit and the graphite is kinda lame. But whatever colors came out I would likely get the black anyway. I'll probably wait till around Christmas and get the 32gig. I wanted the 32gig when I got my 4, but they were out. I have gotten by, but periodically have to go through and purge stuff.

9. Sep 11, 2013 at 8:47 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    This about explains it......

[​IMG]

10. Sep 11, 2013 at 11:15 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    If all you do is talk on the phone, then I see your point. But if you do much reading or browsing, bigger is better. My hands are too big for the iphone, especially the newer one. I have trouble with the iphone keyboard.

I have the Galaxy Note 2. It looks big but doesn't feel too big. I can still fit it in my back pocket. My wife has a iphone 4 and she wants one as her next upgrade. The screen is nice, especially for reading or watching movies (e.g. on a plane). As for ipads, I only need one device instead of two. It's a good compromise.

11. Sep 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    It needs a bigger screen. If they're willing to sell 2 different models rather than selling a cheap version they should be offering a larger screen version. I always laugh at the apple purists who mock the size of Android phones. They're not all large and the people who have the larger phone bought it because they wanted it. There is plenty of room for a larger phone between the current size and a tablet. It doesn't have to be Galaxy Note sized that's even too big for my liking. I have an iPhone5 now after ways having Androids. I really miss the screen on the Galaxy Nexus I had prior. Apple seems content however with catering to the people who will buy their products regardless of specs instead of making a phone that could convert more people from other brands. I know plenty who would give the iPhone a chance if there was an option for a larger screen.

Then again I guess you can't blame Apple. They know people will buy their products regardless. They could make the next phone smaller and people would be touting the easier to hold size or some other BS. And on the flip side they could make the largest screen phone and now everyone would be bragging that its the biggest screen on the market. Apple makes tons of money telling people want they want instead of giving them a couple options and letting them choose.

12. Sep 11, 2013 at 11:58 AM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    The iPhone 6 is rumored to be a larger screened phone (5"). So perhaps they will. I have the Galaxy Note 2 and I love it, but it's not for everyone. It would be best to offer it along with their current sized phone. If they had a large phone, my wife would probably get one in a heartbeat. She likes her iPhone 4 but wishes she had a bigger screen. She's probably going to get the Note 2 in October. She likes mine and since she carries a purse, hauling it around isn't a big deal to her.

13. Sep 11, 2013 at 12:01 PM
    jtav2002

jtav2002 Kenny Fuckin Powers

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Reading, PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Tundra DBL Cab TRD OR
    Yea. 2 sizes is all I ask! And them adopting mini USB like every other damn device. But that's a whole different story. My 5 certainly isn't a bad phone. But I don't really get all the iPhone hype. I would have went back to Android I just don't feel like spending the money especially when this works fine.

14. Sep 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    You are right android are not all really big. but MOST are to big for my liking. I can’t even stand a iphone with otter box on it because it’s to big for my liking. 2 sizes would be better than having the 5C. I’m not a brand loyal person, i just like the iphone size and looks over any of the androids. and I like how MacBook’s operate over PC. if there was a PC that came out that i liked better i would switch. same with a phone. I almost got a thunderbolt when they come out for my first smartphone, but liked the iphone 4 better.
    Apple will never make the phone have a mini usb. just like the MacBooks have there own style charger different from any PC.(at least that i have seen)

15. Sep 11, 2013 at 12:46 PM
    EODTRD

EODTRD Brick horder

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Spartanburg, SC
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tacoma OR, 2024 4Runner OR
    I for one will get either the 5S or 5C. I lean towards the 5S since I am still rocking the 4. Its been a good phone to me. Then again I don't abuse it. If I get the same life out of the 5S I did the 4. I will be a happy camper. Additionally I an neck deep in the iuniverse because of all the junk I've bought for my iPhone and iPad.

16. Sep 11, 2013 at 1:04 PM
    wrmathis

wrmathis Dark Lord of the Sith

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Bonaire, GA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma TRD OR 4x4
    parts and stuff
    those are the people i dont want access to my phone :laugh:

17. Sep 11, 2013 at 1:05 PM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    Wow. Well call me a Zombie then. Personally I really like what apple does with their mobile devices. I've held enough android devices, including Samsung and I personally feel that iPhones are worth the price of admission. Both the new C and S have their merits. I like the changes that I've seen in 7.0, & if the finger print reader is as good as it looks, I'll trade up from my 5 for sure. My girls have 4s's and they are already picking out iphone5c colors. And before you say it, yes I would like expandable/removable storage. But I like the iPhone more than that convenience.

18. Sep 11, 2013 at 1:07 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    I want a black/slate 5S. I have had my 4 for over 2 years and have loved it. and not had any real problems out of it. I also try not to abuse my phone.
    :laugh: i was kinda just making a point. i would not want a GF to have access to mine either.

19. Sep 11, 2013 at 1:10 PM
    TnRedNeck721

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    TN
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD off road 4WD
    What i do is i also back up my phone on to my computer all the time. so i can keep all photos and other info. I think i’ll get one this time that bigger than 16g but thats about it. i almost have it full of stuff.(photos,videos, music, apps. ect)

20. Sep 11, 2013 at 1:13 PM
    Dragons Taco

Dragons Taco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Cary/Raleigh NC
    Vehicle:
    06 Black TRD-S 4WD 4D 6SPD and MINE!
    Can ya spell Tonneau
    Oh and if my mitts can handle the iphone (& I use it a whole lot, including Tapatalk on this forum)!

Actually, android & iphone I'm amazed how well it figures out what my hands are telling it to do.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378930424.172237.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top