Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

long time Iphone user going to Android

Old 09-27-2013, 08:53 AM   #61
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
I too thought I would get away from iPhones so I bought the note 2 when it first came out. I enjoyed it for about 6 months till the S4 came out but the size of the note 2 got old quick. The S4 was a good phone but even though it had a 13mp camera on it it still didn't take as good of pics as the iPhone 5. It has a bunch of features that the iPhone doesn't have but I never really used them. Now I am back to an iPhone 5 and couldn't be any happier. The only downfall with the iPhone is you can't talk and browse the web with verizon.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:48 PM   #62
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhdNPrerunners View Post
I too thought I would get away from iPhones so I bought the note 2 when it first came out. I enjoyed it for about 6 months till the S4 came out but the size of the note 2 got old quick. The S4 was a good phone but even though it had a 13mp camera on it it still didn't take as good of pics as the iPhone 5. It has a bunch of features that the iPhone doesn't have but I never really used them. Now I am back to an iPhone 5 and couldn't be any happier. The only downfall with the iPhone is you can't talk and browse the web with verizon.
I thought you could do that now with their LTE Network. Not correct?
Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #63
CelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to beholdCelsisTaco is a splendid one to behold

Name: Anthony
CelsisTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I've had the same phone since like 7th grade! Nokia is the shit...
Old 09-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #64
PhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enoughPhdNPrerunners will become famous soon enough

Name: Justin
PhdNPrerunners's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Monkey View Post
I thought you could do that now with their LTE Network. Not correct?
Nope the only way to is to be connected to wifi. It's lame lol
Old 09-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #65
Army Retired
mltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to beholdmltaylo3 is a splendid one to behold

Army: Retired Army, Signal Corps
Name: Mike
mltaylo3's Tacoma Gallery
Love my G note 2. Had it since day one release, got a seidio case and have been happy ever since. Android is so customizable, Apple (no offense, I like and recommend apple for other things) just doesn't compare in this regard. I mean, with all FREE apps, mine changes settings based on location (i.e., WiFi on at home, off when I leave, sound off after 10pm, back on at 0600, etc.). It charges wirelessly (small mod involved in this case), has weather, email, sms, missed calls, etc widgets with notifications... I send/receive texts from my computer, can watch flash video without issue, and can add more storage via micro sd card. Just got a new battery (easy to install), and something often overlooked, can drag and drop files from my PC at will. Lets see, WiFi hotspot works well too. I don't think you'll be disappointed, but it always depends on what you are looking for from your phone.