Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

long time Iphone user going to Android

Old 09-17-2013, 09:31 AM   #1
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

Name: Aren
jetta.the.hut's Tacoma Gallery
long time Iphone user going to Android

alittle history first, Ive been using Iphones since the first gens. I briefly used a google G1 and loved it, but it crapped out after 6 months so i went back to the iphone. I've had ecery model and am now on the 5, after reading about the 5s and 5c I think i need to move on. Tonight Im buying a Samsuing Galaxy Note 2.

Should I be scared or excited? My wife has an S3 and i havent even touched it to see what Jelly Bean is going to be like.

Also I'm not a huge app fan but are there any "Have To's" you would think I need.

I just started Geocaching with my daughter so this and a hand held gps will be my first 2 priorites along with a Ram mount for the Taco.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Shay
ToyotaKTMracing's Tacoma Gallery
I would be scared. I recently had a galaxy and it had so many problems. Never again will I touch an android or samsung phone ever again. But hopefully they have tweaked a lot of problems. Even if they did, I still wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole, IMO
Old 09-17-2013, 09:38 AM   #3
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
I would be scared. I recently had a galaxy and it had so many problems. Never again will I touch an android or samsung phone ever again. But hopefully they have tweaked a lot of problems. Even if they did, I still wouldn't touch one with a 10 foot pole, IMO
I had all the galaxy phones, I think the S2 was by far the best one, the S4 I would get away from. I'm on an iPhone 5 now but still use an S2 to root and run custom roms.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:39 AM   #4
jrayy is on a distinguished road
jrayy's Tacoma Gallery
My galaxy 3 has been the most dependable, long lasting phone I've had *Knocks on wood.

Then again, I don't download any apps ever really. I can see where the 3rd party apps could slow things down.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:41 AM   #5
The Blue Warrior
ToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shedToyotaKTMracing is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
I had all the galaxy phones, I think the S2 was by far the best one, the S4 I would get away from. I'm on an iPhone 5 now but still use an S2 to root and run custom roms.
I've heard the 2 is best. But I haven't had any problems with my iphone 5. Still runs like brand new.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #6
Fester is on a distinguished road
Name: Roy
Fester's Tacoma Gallery
I use both an android and an iphone 4s. I have the Droid Razor Maxx. It has the best battery life of any phone i have ever had. But for day to day and running apps with the things I do, I prefure my iPhone. I dont think i am going to buy the 5s just because of priceing. It doesn't have any "OH MY GOD" new features i just have to have.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
I just made the switch from an iPhone 4 to a GS4

I've had it since friday and it's taking a little work to learn the ins and outs but I'm happy so far
Old 09-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
The Blue Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fester View Post
I use both an android and an iphone 4s. I have the Droid Razor Maxx. It has the best battery life of any phone i have ever had. But for day to day and running apps with the things I do, I prefure my iPhone. I dont think i am going to buy the 5s just because of priceing. It doesn't have any "OH MY GOD" new features i just have to have.
The new iPhones are just like the 5. Idk why apple makes multiple models of the same phone though.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #10
Tacomaruss is on a distinguished road
Canadian Army: bin rat
Name: Russ
Tacomaruss's Tacoma Gallery
I've never been an apple user apart from my ipod. Yes apple revolutionized the smart phone market, but they haven't done anything really noteworthy in the last few years. I recently upgraded from the gs3 to the 4, and am very happy. I've never had any issues with the 3 and am very impressed with the 4. That being said, if you want the ability to make the phone your own then go with android. If you want to be able to hand your phone to a 4 year old or 84 year old and have that person be able to use the phone with little or no instruction, then go with the apple product. Just my 2 cents....
Old 09-17-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
I was in your same position not too long ago and i switched to a galaxy s4. I haven’t had any problems with it. It doesn’t seem to have as good of an antenna as my iphone did. Cause i live in the country and could get one bar with my iphone and i get nothing with the galaxy. Now with that being said… i’m a redneck and i don’t know anything about roots or whatever. So i just use it to text make calls surf the web receive emails and store music listen to pandora and play an occasional facebook game like candy crush or whatevers popular at the time. I also use the Navigation and camera quite a bit too and it works fine for that type of stuff. I was kinda bored with the iphone so i thought i would try something different this time. I never had any problems with any of my iphones and would go back to one for sure. For now i’m gonna keep my galaxy until my next upgrade. Then i might get another iphone??? IDK
Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM   #12
ZoMbiE aLeRt
choppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shedchoppersx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
choppersx's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaKTMracing View Post
The new iPhones are just like the 5. Idk why apple makes multiple models of the same phone though.

I have an iPhone 5 myself, about the new ones that came out far as 5C they wanted everyone that couldnt afford the 5S to get hold of a cheaper iPhone. I'm happy with the 5, the new 5S nothing WOW me just the new update which the 4 and 5's can also have once the 5S comes out.

Samsung S3 my brother has it and hes always complaining about hes video freezing or apps closing. well good luck OP
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #13
abides.
Brunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrunes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: LT- CG MH-65C/D Driver- CGAS NOLA
Name: Mark
Brunes's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to Brunes
Quote:
Originally Posted by choppersx View Post
I have an iPhone 5 myself, about the new ones that came out far as 5C they wanted everyone that couldnt afford the 5S to get hold of a cheaper iPhone. I'm happy with the 5, the new 5S nothing WOW me just the new update which the 4 and 5's can also have once the 5S comes out.

Samsung S3 my brother has it and hes always complaining about hes video freezing or apps closing. well good luck OP
This is basically what every review I've read has said - Get the 5S if it's time to upgrade anyways, but don't rush out to get it if you already have a 5.
I'm due for an upgrade soon and will be getting a 5S...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #14
B4nn3d
jetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant futurejetta.the.hut has a brilliant future

thanks for the input guys, i have maybe 4 apps on my iphone 5 and no music and no movies, i have an Ipad mini for that stuff, i even teether the mini to my phone and run it off that. I think the battery life and the cell/4g signal will be the biggest things i will watch, i work for AT&T landline so internet/talk/text are my most used features on a phone. Plus im getting old so the smaller screens are killing my eyes when i browse the internet.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #15
CIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the roughCIAGDDS is a jewel in the rough
CIAGDDS's Tacoma Gallery
A big issue is sync compatibility with mac. So if you use a mac and sync your phone all the time I wouldn't do it. If not, go for it. I use Mac and couldn't get past the lack of compatibility with the Samsung S3.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:08 AM   #16
B4nn3d

Heck i may even download taptalk to use on the forums
Old 09-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
B4nn3d

Quote:
Originally Posted by CIAGDDS View Post
A big issue is sync compatibility with mac. So if you use a mac and sync your phone all the time I wouldn't do it. If not, go for it. I use Mac and couldn't get past the lack of compatibility with the Samsung S3.
No i got away from Mac's for now, I had an Ibook with every upgrade you can imagine and then it got to where apple quit supporting it and then all the browsers like mozilla and Chrome did too so every website i went to told me i had an outdated browser so i sold it. until i can afford a macbook air im out of the Macbook scene.
Old 09-17-2013, 10:12 AM   #19
I'd rather be skiing...
teneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shedteneighty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
teneighty's Tacoma Gallery
iTunes... Keeps me on my iPhone. Really like some other phones though
Old 09-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #20
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
You're going to carry around a tablet in your pocket lol