Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

Mr. Matic's Gaming PC rig build!!

Old 10-07-2013, 05:48 AM   #1
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery

Ok guys.
Finished up[ my gaming PC build last week so I wanted to share some info on it.

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Blue edition.
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 1150
cpu : Intel 4770k Hasswell
cpu cooling: Corsair H100i Closed loop water cooling
Memory: 16 gig Gskill ddr3 1600
hdd: WD 1 tb black
hdd: WD 1 tb external storage.
hdd: WD 500 gig
hdd: WD 250 gig
ssd:2X 256 gig samsung 840 pro in Raid 0
PS: Seasonic 1050 fully modular
Vid cards: evga geforce 770 superclocked x2 in SLI. (4 gig).
Some misc junk

My current gaming rig is actually a laptop.
Asus G73. Intel i7 Q740 at 1.73 @ 3.1ghz turbo mode.
8 gig of crucial ram and a radeon 5870 with 1 gig of memory.

It has served me well for 4 years but it wont handle the current games on the market today.

First I would like to say that I have been out of the PC building scene since prior to buying the first gen, intel based iMAC in 2007.
I may have built 10-15 from "1996-2005".

My first computer build being an Abit KT7-A raid board with the infamous
1.33mhz thunderchicken and dual 40 gig hdd's in raid 0.
And a massive 512 mb of pc-133 ram. lol. It was a BEAST!!

So lets get on with the pics!!

Everything went together smooth. From start to getting in the bios took me a mere 6 hrs to build and get up and running.
(could have cut the time in half had I read up on some recent news).

Decided to try my hand at Overclocking and here are the results.
Stable running 4.4ghz on the cpu and 1155/1775 vid card clock/memory.
Tested using prime 95 for 2 hrs and 3dmark 11 and cinibench.

All in All, I had a great time getting back into building my first computer after so many years of being away from the technology.
The dual evga superclocked 4 gig 770's in SLI paired with the 1150, Z87 4770k and 16 gig of ram make this system very worthy of today's current games.

Runs BF4 Beta flawless at 80-100 fps and the dual 770's in SLI will smoke a single titan any day of the week. (not to mention, SLI just looks Badass).

Hope you enjoy the pics and feel free to chime in or ask questions.
THX!
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 AM   #2
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Dare we ask the cost?

Old 10-07-2013, 05:56 AM   #3
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfcadams View Post
Dare we ask the cost?

Actually. It wasn't to Bad.
$2500

I wanted to go with 2 Titans in SLI but that simply was not in the Budget.
I started with a $2500 budget and came in on the mark.
Old 10-07-2013, 05:58 AM   #4
Retired Senior NCO
sfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shedsfcadams is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Retired U.S. Army Air Defender
Name: Dan
sfcadams's Tacoma Gallery
Nice...
Old 10-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #5

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Thx Man.
Everyone has a vice...or 2...or 3 lol
Old 10-07-2013, 06:28 AM   #6
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
Nice man that mobo looks pretty cool. The last computer I built was a Pentium 4 hyper-threaded processor. So yeah, it's been a while. 25% overclocking? I'm not sure what the max would be, but that seems pretty impressive.
What's the benchmark on the NVIDIA 770s at stock speed? We run a bunch of GTX 580s (and a few tesla cards) at work for brute force password breaking. The 580s do good but are getting a little old by technology standards.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #7
Look away, I'm hideous!
joneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoneill03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Johnny-5
joneill03's Tacoma Gallery
ah, found a good comparison on passmark.com: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html
Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 AM   #8

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joneill03 View Post
ah, found a good comparison on passmark.com: http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/high_end_gpus.html

^^That^^

That's a single ref 770.
The superclocked and classified clocked more.
Running 2x in SLI overpasses any single card on the market.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:46 AM   #9
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery
Nice build! Nothing like the satisfaction of doing it all yourself and getting these bad boys running.
I've always built my own computers since my first one that was a Pentium 120mhz back in the day. Now i'm rockin a I7 920 at 4.0ghz with a a 47 inch main screen flanked by 3 23 inch touch screens powered by a GTX670 4GB video card. Here are a couple of pics and a short video of mine in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FJX6AmfBSI
Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 AM   #10

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
let me see if I can get a passmark score.

eh...they require signing up. I'll pass.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:51 AM   #11

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airdog View Post
Nice build! Nothing like the satisfaction of doing it all yourself and getting these bad boys running.
I've always built my own computers since my first one that was a Pentium 120mhz back in the day. Now i'm rockin a I7 920 at 4.0ghz with a a 47 inch main screen flanked by 3 23 inch touch screens powered by a GTX670 4GB video card. Here are a couple of pics and a short video of mine in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FJX6AmfBSI

VERY COOL.
Been a flight sim fan since combat flight sim 1.
Need to get my sims loaded back up.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM   #12

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
that youtube is you?
How do you get all the touch screen stuff?
Old 10-07-2013, 07:06 AM   #13
Airdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: AD3 86-89 VX-5 China Lake
Name: Tom
Airdog's Tacoma Gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
that youtube is you?
How do you get all the touch screen stuff?
Yup that's my rig in action in the video. I think there may be some more on my YouTube channel just search airdog67. The touchscreen panels is a program called Helios. Takes a bit of time to setup bit when done right you never have to touch your keyboard again.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #14
khx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkhx73 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

khx73's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Ok guys.
Finished up[ my gaming PC build last week so I wanted to share some info on it.

Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Blue edition.
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth Z87 1150
cpu : Intel 4770k Hasswell
cpu cooling: Corsair H100i Closed loop water cooling
Memory: 16 gig Gskill ddr3 1600
hdd: WD 1 tb black
ssd: 256 gig samsung 840 pro
PS: Seasonic 1050 fully modular
Vid cards: evga geforce 770 superclocked x2 in SLI
Some misc junk

<snip>

Hope you enjoy the pics and feel free to chime in or ask questions.
THX!
Holy F! You don't mess around.. Good choice on the H100i ... mine has served me well in the many months I've had it. Good stable OC here too.

Run through the SSD Optimization guide.. especially for that beast of a machine.
SSD Optimization Guide for Win 7. Six pages of SSD performance tweaking goodness.
They have a Win 8 version as well.
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #15
TTc2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
TTc2013's Tacoma Gallery
I have been out of the game for building PC's for about 6 years, mostly just on Macs today, because they do everything for my work. but i have been snooping around lately wanting to build a new Rig. I guess once its in your blood its hard not to come back to it.

how do you like the CM HAF 932? I'm thinking of getting the 922 instead.

Looks great tho!
Old 10-07-2013, 02:32 PM   #16
hualampeter has a spectacular aura abouthualampeter has a spectacular aura about

Marines:
Name: Peter
hualampeter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Actually. It wasn't to Bad.
$2500

I wanted to go with 2 Titans in SLI but that simply was not in the Budget.
I started with a $2500 budget and came in on the mark.
Dam that would of gotten me a rear locker at that cost :O!
Old 10-07-2013, 06:50 PM   #17

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTc2013 View Post
I have been out of the game for building PC's for about 6 years, mostly just on Macs today, because they do everything for my work. but i have been snooping around lately wanting to build a new Rig. I guess once its in your blood its hard not to come back to it.

how do you like the CM HAF 932? I'm thinking of getting the 922 instead.

Looks great tho!
The HAF is a great case for airflow.
I couldnt make up mind mind between this or the antec 1200.

The thing is, you need to "design" a build just like anything else.
Do research, talk to people, read reviews.

It was a great experience,
Old 10-09-2013, 12:54 PM   #19
TTc2013 is on a distinguished road

Name: Josh
TTc2013's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
bump for gaming rigs.
Well after this thread and doing some serious looking into what you can build today, my hiatus of rig building has come to a stand still. I had been thinking about it for a while, and now I'm back into it. ordered my Case yesterday with other parts so slowly trickle in over the next month.
Old 10-10-2013, 01:33 AM   #20

Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTc2013 View Post
Well after this thread and doing some serious looking into what you can build today, my hiatus of rig building has come to a stand still. I had been thinking about it for a while, and now I'm back into it. ordered my Case yesterday with other parts so slowly trickle in over the next month.
So what case and components you going with?
They have a pretty sweet open air case on the market. I thinks its called the "inwin D".
Sexxy as all get out!!!!!