1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Toshiba= Sh..

Discussion in 'Technology' started by hitmans.army, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Dec 30, 2013 at 6:37 PM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army [OP] Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    Let me start by saying that I have had bad luck with my Toshiba laptop. I purchased it in Afghanistan at the MCX the day after I got the first one. Yes, 2 in 2 days. First one had a bad pixel so I had a blue dot right smack in the middle. This one has given me issues ever since I got it. Right now, I am stuck using it in "Safe Mode With Networking" because I can't access the web when I run the computer normally.
    It got hacked over a year ago and hasn't been the same. It had Norton on it when it got hacked, but I don't know the status of it. I tried to adjust the firewall per the "hints" and got no where......
    Is there anyone that would be able to give me an idea of what to do?
    Computer is a Toshiba Satellite L655D

2. Dec 31, 2013 at 12:25 AM
    khx73

khx73 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Saint John NB, CAN
    Vehicle:
    11 MGM DCLB TRD Sport +leather
    Rear camera anytime switch, 4x4 Illuminated Switch (from rcbs204) , rear view mirror lift bracket (from ImMrYo), 75 cent tailgate anti-theft. Technically not mods but give me a break I'm trying to fill space here... OEM Leather pkg, keyless unlock & ACC chime silence, BakFlip G2, Ultra Gauge EM, WeatherTech floor mats, OEM roof rack
    Back up anything important..and factory restore that thing. Google "toshiba satellite l655d factory restore".
    If for some reason you can't.. then get someone who's good with geek stuff to completely wipe it (format) and reload windows.

3. Dec 31, 2013 at 12:39 AM
    Khaos

Khaos Big Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryant
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC TRD SPORT Prerunner
    3” spacer lift, 285/75/17 KO2, Spidertrax 1.25” spacers
    Exactly.

Once your computer is usable, download Avast Antivirus (Free) and Spybot Search and Destroy (also free). Been running that combo for years, put it on many comps, never had issues and doesn't slow your comp down like Norton. Easy to use too.

Avoid Norton.

4. Jan 3, 2014 at 10:18 AM
    hitmans.army

hitmans.army [OP] Just a guy.

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Myrtle Creek, OR
    Vehicle:
    '07 PreRunner & '40 Chrysler Coupe
    Bilstein 5100s up front with OME 885s, rear Add-A-Leaf, LED lights (tails, dome, map, plate lights), Kicker 8" in custom fiberglass enclosure under back seat, Kicker speakers throughout and Kicker amp for sub, Pioneer DVD Player, Satoshi Grille with Devil Horns, Leer 100XQ.
    Thanks. I kept finding people saying use the disks to reload everything, then found one forum that said hold 0 (zero) down, turn it on while still holding 0. That sets it up to use the factory restore feature programmed into the computer. Dont know how I didn't find that til now.

Products Discussed in

To Top