1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mac shopping

Discussion in 'Technology' started by tomwilson74, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Sep 13, 2014 at 5:47 PM
    Ma Deuce

Ma Deuce Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Colorado
    Sure you did...

I see crap like that thrown around quite a bit and it never quite seems to hold water.

2. Sep 13, 2014 at 8:10 PM
    jsi

jsi Well-Known Member

Member:
    native earthling
    Same hyper-threaded quad core I7 intel processor, same amount and speed RAM, same size hard drive, same size monitor. The Toshiba lacks a lighted key board, 5 ghz wifi and the case doesn't have an lighted apple. Since I don't have 5 ghz wifi that's a non issue and the lighted key board would be niche but not worth $1200.

Since that post I've moved on to a 13" MacBook Air for my work. Love that computer, but when its my money I'm still going to buy a PC. If I won the lottery my story probably would change. (and since I can do math, I don't play the lottery :D)

3. Sep 20, 2014 at 6:28 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    @OP, if all you're doing is web browing/email/youtube/basic schitt and windows is giving you problems, just throw a linux distro on it. OSX is just a graphical unix OS.

Both my Thinkpads (2007 T61p (wait I thought non-macs died after a year?) and a 2011 Edge) are running Linux Mint with zero problems.

There might be some minor things that you need to do to get it set up exactly how you like it but it's as simple as a google search.

Products Discussed in

To Top