1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Verizon Service with Blackberry

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Lentsnh, May 1, 2009.

1. May 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Can you have the service without the Data Plan?

2. May 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    senor taco

senor taco ROLLIN ON RUST

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    What's the use of a blackberry w/o a data plan

3. May 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    09TRD

09TRD it is what it is

Member:
    Oakwood GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Not yet,
    NOPE, not with a blackberry

4. May 1, 2009 at 7:22 PM
    09TRD

09TRD it is what it is

Member:
    Oakwood GA
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Off Road
    Not yet,

x2

5. May 1, 2009 at 7:29 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    A BlueBerry:D

I dont know... I want a Blackberry but i dont want to pay $50 a month for th data plan

6. May 1, 2009 at 7:40 PM
    senor taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    17in fj cruiser wheels satoshi grille with devil horns emblem Single in double out 50 series flowmaster with stainless tips Kenwod ddx512 double din touch screen DVD reciver with a single Rockford fosgate 12 in sub with an alpine amp tinted tail and third break light silverstar head and fog lights k&n drop in Billy 5100's on all 4 corners with a 2"AAL
    do you have metro pcs in your area. they have a black berry now

7. May 1, 2009 at 7:41 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Huh what does that mean?

8. May 1, 2009 at 7:42 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter
    I don't think you can get a Blackberry w/out the Data plan. A way VZW can get more $$$.

9. May 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    senor taco

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Monterey Bay, Ca
    Vehicle:
    O7 Tacoma PreRunner SR5
    It's a cell phone carrier

10. May 1, 2009 at 7:44 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thats for every phone place. :mad:

Isn't there a $20 or $30 data plan?

11. May 1, 2009 at 7:51 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!
    Secondary air filter removed, elbow mod, BFG T/A KO (31x10.5R15), 15" American Racing Mojaves, BHLM, Dome Light MOD (Blue), Pioneer headunit, Sockmonkey 'TACOMA' Decals, Readylift 5-lug SST, Rear Shocks - Bilstein TRD, Dynomax Super Turbo #17748, DDM Slim Ballast HID Kit H4 Hi/Lo -35W 6000K in headlights, Apexcone Raptor HID Kit H3 - 35W 6000K in Hella 500s, aFe CAI #51-10762, WeatherTech Floorliner, 200W Smart AC Inverter

I think they offer a plan pay-as-you-go. If you don't use, then you pay nothing.

Info from VZW:

Unlimited PDA/Smartphone and BlackBerry® Plans:
    Data sessions may be used for following purposes: (i) Internet browsing; (ii) email; and (iii) intranet access (including access to corporate intranets, email and individual productivity applications like customer relationship management, sales force and field service automation. Intranet access requires the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.). Unlimited plans are for individual use only and not for resale. The Unlimited plans cannot be used: (1) for any applications that tether the device to laptops, PCs, or other equipment for any purpose, (2) for uploading, downloading or streaming of movies, music or games, (3) with server devices or with host computer applications other than the BlackBerry Enterprise Server, including, without limitation, Web camera posts or broadcasts, continuous jpeg file transfers, automatic data feeds, telemetry applications, automated functions or any other machine-to-machine applications, (4) as substitute or backup for private lines or dedicated data connections.
    Data sessions automatically terminate after two hours of inactivity unless used with a Mobile IP-capable device. We reserve the right to deny or terminate service, without notice, to anyone who uses the Unlimited plan in any manner prohibited above or whose usage adversely impacts our network or service levels. We also reserve the right to terminate service upon expiration of Customer Agreement term.

PDA/Smartphone and BlackBerry Megabyte Features:
    Megabyte allowance and charges for kilobytes over the monthly allowance apply to data sessions; all other usage charged in accordance with Calling Plan. Data sessions are rounded to next full kilobyte at end of each billing cycle. Only total of kilobytes transmitted above allowance each billing cycle may appear on bill. You are responsible for all charges, including all data sent and received and "overhead" whether or not you or your recipients actually receive the data. Overhead is all data that is in addition to user-transmitted data, such as control, operational and routing instructions, error-checking characters as well as retransmissions of user-data messages that are received in error. Any unused portion of the megabyte allowance is lost.

Important Information Regarding Wireless Sync:
    Compatible NationalAccess-capable or BroadbandAccess-capable PDA required. Not available for NationalAccess-, non-NationalAccess-, BroadbandAccess-, or non-BroadbandAccess-capable PC Cards or for other wireless modems such as mobile devices tethered to PCs. The monthly allowance applies only to NationalAccess or BroadbandAccess data transmissions, not to voice or other types of data transmissions such as TXT Messaging, Picture Messaging, Video Messaging, Get it Now® and Mobile Web. You can use Wireless Sync on the Verizon Wireless digital network, but if you do so, you will be charged at the "other data" rate. You select which network your Wireless Sync will function on in your Internet settings. In order to use Wireless Sync, your PC must be on and in a condition to receive email.

The BlackBerry Solution from Verizon Wireless:
    The email capability of the BlackBerry Wireless Handheld functions only within the Verizon Wireless National Enhanced Services Rate and Coverage Area. Verizon Wireless NationalAccess service is not available with the BlackBerry Solution. With BlackBerry Handheld software version 3.6, the first 2 kilobytes (KB) of each email are initially received on the BlackBerry and you can simply request to receive additional 2-KB increments. Some email attachments (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Corel WordPerfect, Adobe PDF, and ASCII text) are delivered to the BlackBerry when requested by the end user. Graphics are not delivered to the BlackBerry. When the BlackBerry reaches its storage capacity, email stored on the handheld will automatically be deleted from it, starting with the oldest emails first. BlackBerry Desktop Software using desktop redirector does not support POP3 or ISP email accounts.

The BlackBerry and RIM families of related marks, images and symbols are the exclusive properties of and trademarks or registered trademarks of Research In Motion Limited-used by permission.

Last Update 4/2/09

12. May 1, 2009 at 7:59 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the info. But could you summarize it for me?:eek:

13. May 1, 2009 at 8:24 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!

The previous post I did is information I got from their "Terms & Agreement".

You have to have a data plan with a Blackberry! I was browsing VZW and this was a screen shot I took. Here is some info about the plans:

Blackberry Solution Unlimited Data Usage

Email & Web for BlackBerry

The second option is Pay-as-you-go.

Hopefully this clarifies Blackberry's Data plan.

VZW plan.jpg

14. May 1, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Thats alot better. Makes more sense Thank you

15. May 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM
    neslerrah

neslerrah Taco lovin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Harrelsen
    Tucson
    Vehicle:
    5 lug BEAST!

No problem! :thumbsup:

16. May 2, 2009 at 9:23 PM
    #Reistlehr-

#Reistlehr- AngryTacoma

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Double Cab Long Bed SR5
    Hey..

You can get the phone.. When you activate it, it automatically adds the data plan. Call them up or have 611 remove the data feature. Make sure to turn data services off on the blackberry ro you will get charged like crazzy for data.

17. May 2, 2009 at 9:32 PM
    Anathollo

Anathollo www.saveadane.org

Member:
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Icon coilovers, Rear Fox Resi-shocks, 285/70/17 Toyo A/T's, Touchscreen JVC Headunit, Custom Rhino-lined sub box, Rocksford Fosgate components and Dual Rockford Fosgate 10" shallow subs, Pioneer and Rocksford Fosgate amps, 1250 watts total, Autometer Volt and Trans gauges with Lotek A-pillar, K&N Drop-in filter, WO Seat covers, Tint, NST WP pulley, Hi-lift jack, Diff breather mod, horn relocation mod, extra "D" rings, de-pinstriped, carrier bearing drop, Rear backup 886 bulbs, Camburg UCA's, AMW Catch can, BHLM, OME Dakars with AAL, Procomp 7089's, Front single hoop Demello bumper, Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500, Amsteel 3/8th synthetic line
    I asked them that when I went in to get a blackberry, but the guy said there was no chance they could do that, yet whenever i asked if they could turn off the data plan on my motorola Q, they said they could do it. And that's what they did. What's up with that? I like my Q, but I'd rather have a blackberry...

18. May 2, 2009 at 9:40 PM
    blackphantom09

blackphantom09 Newbie

Member:
    V.B., VA
    Vehicle:
    09 Double Cab TRD-Off Road SB
    TRD Exhaust, Black badges, Jason Rage tonneau bed cover, TRD S/C, OEM roof rack, Avid Light Bar
    I have the $30 data plan and I get 21% off with my job. I do a lot of web browsing on my blackberry especially with TW haha. I can imagine how my bill would be if I had a pay as you go data plan. To me the $30 is worth it.

19. May 3, 2009 at 6:22 PM
    #Reistlehr-

#Reistlehr- AngryTacoma

Member:
    Parsippany, NJ
    Vehicle:
    09 Magnetic Grey Double Cab Long Bed SR5
    No lies. Its just like every other company, you need to fight for waht you want. I mean, it's YOUR money. Trick is getting the right people on the line in the beginning. Im on the network side so i don't touch any billing, but you can get it done.

I love my Blackberry, but i honestly see no point without data. :(

20. May 3, 2009 at 8:31 PM
    Lentsnh

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Theres a $20 Data Plan too. I think I will go for that one

Products Discussed in

To Top