1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

new iphone- 3gs

Discussion in 'Technology' started by RoyB, Jun 13, 2009.

1. Jun 13, 2009 at 8:22 PM
    SOSHeloPilot

SOSHeloPilot My 1st Muscle Car

Member:
    U.S.A.
    Vehicle:
    2023 RAV4 XLE Premium
    Missing My Last Tacoma --- Had 11 Toyota trucks in the past and many other Toyota cars too.
    If you get an iPhone ... whatever you do get an "OtterBox" protective case. They are the best cases in the world for many cell phone models and are also used by military and ect. and will save your expensive cell. ... http://www.otterbox.com/ The only thing bad about the Iphones are their semi-fragile touch
    screens that could crack when dropped ... get this case and that problem is solved.

Iphones are super, especially 2nd gen. 3G models and the newest model 3GS (just out) has super storage, videos, better battery life. However, I have heard of a few software glitches that should be worked out in the next month.

I love the Iphones .. that are just not great at texting because of the small touch keys.

AT&T recalled the OtterBox cases because of echoing ... and >>>
    If you get an OtterBox and callers tell you ... that your voice "echos" Peel off the "2 small, white, water proof cloth filters" on the bottom of the case ... and any echoing stops.

Being an old Nokia & Blackberry person (who used to text) in the past ... I thought that iPhones were toys.

NOT anymore, I am an Iphone user and love it ... even changed my personal laptop from a PC to an Apple Laptop. That was a decision that I should have done years ago.

Love them (overpriced) Apple products (and their customer service too) ... :D

SOS

PS .. With an OtterBox Case ... you do not have to worry about breaking the iPhone screen as much. It is well worth the 50 bucks. Here is their link ---> http://www.otterbox.com/ .... and no I do not work for them ... they just make super super duty cases for many cell phone models.

2. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:09 PM
    Nate794

Nate794 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    socal
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    NONE.
    if anyone wants to cell there old iphones let me know =)

3. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:41 PM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    yea, I think I will get an otter box. I Was going to get one for my black berry after seeing a co-worker with one. I absolutely destroyed my BB in a month on the jobstes without any case. luckily the ball got stuck and they replaced with a refurbed one which looked brand new. Once again getting a new one cause of a software problem.

I will be keeping nextel for work, and getting the iphone as a personal phone. the black berry sucks after using the ipod touch. i was really hoping for more, but the user interface absolutly blows, even compared to old nextel phones.

I reserved one online, but it looks like that doesnt mean much. guess we will see.

4. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:42 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    My current Nokia is a brick. $20 Go-Phone turned into a contract plan. It'll be hard keeping my iPhone in good shape. I've had my current iPod since October and I haven't dropped it so hopefully it will keep up with the phone. :D

Here is my old phone:

[​IMG]

I've run it over with the truck, dropped it from five stories and various other things. It still works perfectly! It's just scratched. A lot. :D

Edit: Oh, and the battery is held in with tape. :)

5. Jun 13, 2009 at 9:43 PM
    EquinsuOcha

EquinsuOcha Bourbon

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Ft Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 PreRunner
    AFE Drop-in filter, Wet Okole seat covers, Hifonics 6.5" components in front, MA Audio midbasses in rear, Kicker 8", RE Audio 2 channel for components, Elemental Designs bridged 2-channel for sub, CB, Devil Horns, Rancho QuickLift, Rancho RS9000XL rear shocks, Toytec AAL, stickers, things and stuff.
    I've got the iPhone OG (bought at launch. One of those idiots that paid too much) and have dropped it from various heights and into various substances, all with no case, and have zero issues with the screen or the software.

I'll be placing my order for a new 3GS soon. I will not buy a case for it. All of them are too bulky and end up twisted up in my pocket anyway.

6. Jun 13, 2009 at 10:36 PM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    There is no other phone out there that has everything the iPhone has, at least do it as well and flawlessly. I am not sure what kind of experience you had with Apple, but I will always buy their product of anyone else's.

If I were in the OP's position, I would pre-order the iPhone 3G S. The 3.0 update is awesome so far. I have it on my 3G. I can't wait to get the 3G S for the video recording, faster processor and RAM, longer battery life, and more! I hate having bulky ugly cases. It takes away the prettiness of the phone and does not even feel great anymore. Go to Best Buy and buy it from there along with their Geek Squad Black Tie protection plan. It will cover the phone inside and out except for loss, theft, and full submersion.

7. Jun 13, 2009 at 10:37 PM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Best Buy's protection is awesome. :D

I dropped my MacBook the day I got it (in the store) and they replaced it. :laugh:

8. Jun 13, 2009 at 10:41 PM
    2nd2none

2nd2none Well-Known Member

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tacoma TRD Pro. Lifted, rims, tires, yada yada yada
    article i found the other day regarding prices if you already have the iphone 3G. sounds kind of crappy and haven't seen it anywhere other then this article so maybe its not true.
    http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/patterson/51255

9. Jun 13, 2009 at 10:43 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    Thats if you are in the middle of your contract you would have to pay full price

10. Jun 13, 2009 at 10:47 PM
    it's in coma

it's in coma Well-Known Member

Member:
    in the desert
    Vehicle:
    06 trd off road
    intake and exhaust
    i will wait until verizon has them...how about that?..

11. Jun 14, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    :smack: FAIL! lol

12. Jun 14, 2009 at 3:04 AM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    Samgsung Omnia, pretty much every feature the iPhone has plus many more.

13. Jun 14, 2009 at 5:04 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    You do not have to pay full price for the new iPhone 3G S. You would just have to pay an early upgrade price which is $200 above regular upgrade price, just like the iPhone 3G's.

I am sorry to say but the Samsung Omnia is garbage along with their whole line of new touch screen phones which is all essentially the same device among all carriers (Instinct, Behold, Omnia, Eternity, and Finesse). Windows mobiles is the most unstable mobile phone OS out there, I would not recommend it to anyone especially heavy users.

14. Jun 14, 2009 at 6:16 AM
    RoyB

RoyB [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Chicago burbs
    Vehicle:
    '09 TRD DC Sport
    I concur. I've played around with some other touch screen phones from friends and co-workers, they all blow. Doesnt know where you are touching half the time, and the UI sucks.

How did you get the 3.0 update already? I Thought it wasnt released until the 17th? I want to get it for my ipod touch. Any idea what the protection plan costs?

whats the "many more"?

15. Jun 14, 2009 at 4:32 PM
    GotLift37

GotLift37 Bangers Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    North East AL
    Vehicle:
    07 4Runner 4WD
    2.5" front lift (leeper coilover) 1" body 16" Dick Cepek DC1 Black/polished 295/75/16 General Grabber AT2 Tinted Taillights 5% tint OEM Acura TSX HID Retrofit White LED dash light conversion WMW roof rack
    okay, obviously you guys are apple freaks, sorry for budding in the thread, but I was just giving my .02. I dont want to turn this into an iPhone/whatever other kind of phone debate. IMHO the iPhone is garbage. Opinions are like assholes everyones got them and thats mine. I will stay out now.

16. Jun 14, 2009 at 5:20 PM
    SACTOWN

SACTOWN ???????????????????????

Member:
    First Name:
    Greg
    Vehicle:
    '18 ZR2, 04 Rubicon, &19 lx570
    Hold out and get the new one.. heehee... i had the first IPHONE and have the 16gig 3g now... i am on the waiting list/preorder for the new one.. i love them. From what i heard at the Iphone store here is Sacramento CA; is that you can go onto APPLE.COM and get on the list... it will be waiting... soooooo you dont have to wait in line. At least, THAT IS WHAT THEY TOLD ME.
    SO I WENT HERE.. AND FILLED IT OUT
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/buy/

looking forward to the voice control..

think that alll made since

17. Jun 14, 2009 at 7:32 PM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    You're on Sprint? Palm Pre.

18. Jun 14, 2009 at 10:18 PM
    tacoholic

tacoholic Well-Known Member

Member:
    East Bay, CA
    Being dead honest here...Apple is shit. The only things they make nicely are iPods and the iPhone but it took 2 generations and 4 software updates to get it right for me to buy it. It's still missing a lot of crap my 2 year old HTC Tilt had. The only reason I got it is because att f*cked up my phone and kept giving me shitty refurbs and they had nothing else I wanted to buy/I wasn't going to wait to spend too much money. The minor reason is that I wanted a change, WinMo never really changed much from 5 to 6 to 6.1 and I got bored of it.

19. Jun 15, 2009 at 6:57 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    how much is the extra service for the iphone?

20. Jun 15, 2009 at 7:55 AM
    pittim

pittim mittip backwards

Member:
    Pennsyltucky
    Vehicle:
    Boujee Prius
    It’sa Lexus, boogie woogie woogie
    [​IMG]

"More than you can afford pal."

Products Discussed in

To Top