Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

best cell phones from AT&T

Old 07-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #1
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Willie
vtragweed's Tacoma Gallery
best cell phones from AT&T

i currently have the blackberry bold and looking to give it to my brother so he can can stay in touch with his wife better. Now i need recommendations for a new cell phone i will def. be with ATT i looked at the iphone and its really nice but the lady told me i couldnt have insurance and that was a big let down for me, im a little hard and tend to break them pretty easy, so i always carry insurance. any recommendations for a new phone?
Old 07-06-2009, 09:51 AM   #2
matthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the roughmatthew5olson is a jewel in the rough

Name: matthew
matthew5olson's Tacoma Gallery
i have the rugby. It's indestructable
Old 07-06-2009, 10:40 AM   #3
wing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud ofwing103 has much to be proud of

wing103's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via ICQ to wing103 Send a message via AIM to wing103 Send a message via MSN to wing103 Send a message via Yahoo to wing103 Send a message via Skype™ to wing103
I will say iphone, I know u cannot buy insurance from AT&T, but you can purchasing the phone from Apple store and buy the insurance from APPLE. Am I right?
Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 AM   #4
Beef Slut
vtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shedvtragweed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
i know apple has something called apple care that extends the warrenty
Old 07-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #5
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Just checked that thing out online... pretty badass phone!
i really like that new iphone i got to play with on saturday, what a phone man
Old 07-06-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Wrong. Apple offers Apple Care on all of their products except for the iPhones. The only company that offers it is Best Buy. It is not an insurance and is a performance service plan. If you like the iPhone, go to your nearest Best Buy.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
Quote:
I have an iPhone 3G, I love it. Its not the 3GS. Plus the fact that I don't have insurance on it does suck though.
have you ever dropped it or had any close calls? i call honestly say my blackberry is pretty durable for what it is, just wondering if the iphone is gonna be as good? or is there any good cases for outdoor workers
Old 07-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
i was able to buy the apple care plan for my iphone 3g from the at&t store

i also bought an otter box case for it
Old 07-06-2009, 11:31 AM   #9
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet2100 View Post
Wrong. Apple offers Apple Care on all of their products except for the iPhones. The only company that offers it is Best Buy. It is not an insurance and is a performance service plan. If you like the iPhone, go to your nearest Best Buy.
i think i will pass on the insurance from best buy its only $15 a month thats half the price of my plan
Old 07-06-2009, 11:37 AM   #10
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
There are an outrageous number of cases for the iPhone...

I know I've dropped my 3G a couple times because I put it in my lap when I drive, and at least 3 times its fallen when I forget about it and get out... twice onto concrete, once when it was in the case... it still looks brand new, and works flawless...

Plus you can Jailbreak it and get any AppStore apps for free, and create custom themes and all sort of other cool stuff...

If you can't tell, my vote goes to an iPhone...
Old 07-06-2009, 11:39 AM   #11
Beef Slut

Firefighter:
what the hell is jail break
Old 07-06-2009, 11:46 AM   #12
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
I have a moto q9h. It suits my needs. The iphone would be nice though.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:49 AM   #13
Viet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedViet2100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Viet
Viet2100's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to Viet2100
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtragweed View Post

i think i will pass on the insurance from best buy its only $15 a month thats half the price of my plan
It is not an insurance because it will not cover lost, theft and submersion under liquids.

It is not half the price of your plan. The cheapest bill you can end up with the iPhone is at LEAST $69.99 + tax.

$.50 a day beats the hell out of $600+tax up front.

I deal with this every day, there's no excuse not to get it.

Quote:
That is basically being able to put whatever application software developers write for the phone and use it on any GSM network.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:56 AM   #14
MUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to allMUDFISH is a name known to all

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Normally you need to pay for the better Apps, anywhere from $.99-$25, when you jailbreak, they are available for free (not legally of course)...

It also allows you to get Apps apps that are not available through the AppStore like video, custom icons, themes, backgrounds, and many other things...

It basically allows you to customize your phone the way Apple should have allowed...

Also, Jailbreaking is not illegal, it is the DL of Illegal apps that Apple frowns upon...
Old 07-06-2009, 12:00 PM   #15
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
i vote iphone. i have the 3G and when i got it i was asked if i wanted to purchase the apple care. i didn't buy the apple care plan though. it comes with a 1 year warranty from apple. if you keep it in a case it should be fine, even if you drop it on accident. oh and mine's not jailbroken. with the new 3GS you can do a lot of stuff without jailbreaking. like the video. i had two blackberrys before the iphone and i'm glad i made the switch.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:04 PM   #16
cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack cmack
cmack's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you jailbreak an iPhone can you sill use the iTunes App Store?
i believe so
Old 07-06-2009, 01:21 PM   #17
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
I have the blackjack2. I had the blackjack1 before this. They are good phones. I have dropped mine countless times and it works fine. Its also pretty scratch resistant. One time I even got mad and threw my phone up on my roof(2 story) and it slid down and fell. Still works.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 PM   #18

MUDFISH's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you jailbreak an iPhone can you sill use the iTunes App Store?
Yes, you can...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:52 PM   #20
RoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedRoyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed
RoyB's Tacoma Gallery
i just dropped my black berry after a month cause i couldnt stand it. picked up the new iphone. got an otter box and it looks pretty dang durable now. someone told me that your home owners insurance should cover damaged phones. i need to look into that.