Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

iPod nano help. Syncing

Old 10-07-2009, 11:11 AM   #1
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 0311-Bravo 1/23 4th Mar. Div. Reserves
Name: Adam
Untamed_SS's Tacoma Gallery
iPod nano help. Syncing

Yo. So like I guess I'm retarted right. Like my hard drive died a while back. So when I got a new one and all, it was totally empty you know. But I have my music on my ipod. I need to get it to my iTunes.

So basically, just need to sync my ipod with my itunes. Instead of the normal itunes to ipod. Is there a way to do this? I've tried clicking and dragging. Not working for me.

Help please?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

itsmyturn's Tacoma Gallery
do you windows or a mac
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #3
Stayed Up Too Late
Untamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shedUntamed_SS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh my bad. I have windows vista.

And 5th gen iPod nano.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #4
beehunt is on a distinguished road
beehunt's Tacoma Gallery
if its a mac you can use senuti thats itunes spelled backwards
Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #5
Stayed Up Too Late

If I had a mac it shouldn't have died right.

J/K

Anyways, thanks guys. But no mac for me.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #6
itsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to allitsmyturn is a name known to all

if you have windows, connect your ipod to your pc. when itunes opens it will ask if you want erase and sync your ipod to your new library.. select no. go the ipod tab and select manually manage music on your ipod. after that close itunes.

now open my computer. if you have windows vista at the top of the my computer window is a tab that says organize. select oraganize then select folder and search options. now at the top there will be three tabs-general,view and search. select the view tab.

look for the option "hidden files and folders" and select "show hidden files and folders". now close that out only leaving my computer window open.

now your ipod will show up as a disk drive. explorer your ipod, you'll find a transparent folder called "ipod control", open that ipod control and then open music. the music folder is all your files from your library however they are organized in apples structure which is useless to you. (F00,F01,F02).

copy and paste all of the F(#) folders to your music folder on your pc. after its finished your new folders will still be transparent. select all of the fnumber folders and right click then select properties. there will be box marked hidden. unselect hidden but select read only. after that is done reopen itunes.

now edit the itunes preferences to allow itunes to manage your music. after that just add the music folder by going to File-Add folder to library- and then point to your music folder. with itunes allowed to manage your music it will reorganize to artist and albums folders. after that you can go back and turn that off. enjoy.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:27 AM   #8

my coworkers and i use this procedure all the time to exchange music permenately. gives us something to do while we wait for vw's to break down.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:28 AM   #9

also this doesn't work with an ipod touch or iphone since those don't allow disk use.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:46 AM   #10
Stayed Up Too Late

cool. OK, one more thing.

I'm pretty sure I've done this before, but can't remember how. I have some doubles of songs and stuff. How do I get rid of those? Do I have to select them individually or is there like an option thingy?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM   #11
BMBIG will become famous soon enoughBMBIG will become famous soon enough
Name: Bryan
BMBIG's Tacoma Gallery
there's an option in iTunes somewhere for "show duplicates". It will list any and al of your duplicate song files. using ctrl+click to select all but one of each duplicate, and hit delete. When prompted to also remove files from your computer choose yes.