Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

How do I view my IP address again?

Old 11-09-2009, 10:19 AM   #1
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Ex Navy. subs
Tacoyota's Tacoma Gallery
How do I view my IP address again?

I can't remember where I found it the first time, but I want to view my IPaddress and can't find it. I feel like a idiot now.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
IgnoringChrisWatchingEdLi veVicariouslyThroughMJP2
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Adam
TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
in windows open up a command prompt
Type in:Ipconfig
Old 11-09-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
senile member
Tacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoyota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ahh ok , thanks
Old 11-09-2009, 10:25 AM   #4
senile member

ARRRGGHH! it opens then dissappears in 1/10th of a second or so
Old 11-09-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
TacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoNut is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
Don't Blink!!!!!!

Just kidding, are you typing it directly in to you're "run" window, or whatever?
Don't, Type "CMD" in to run, then it will open up a window that you can type "ipconfig" in....

There's also a lot of sites online that will tell you you're IP (Ipchicken I bleive)
Old 11-09-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
if you have a router at home (linksys, netgear, dlink, etc) then ipconfig will only tell you your ip within your home network. i'd use www.dslreports.com/ip to get your Internet facing IP address
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #7

TacoNut's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.ipchicken.com/ This site will also tell you you're External IP
Old 11-09-2009, 10:31 AM   #8
senile member

Thanks, both of ya. I programmed apple 2c in high school in the 80s, now I feel Im too dependant on GUI such. I think this is the first time I went to the command prompt area on a windows system.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #9
senile member

all this because of Otter having a picketing penguine telling me that data, next i fear someone will have a cartoon weasel telling me my credit card #s.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:27 PM   #10
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
just curious, any particular reason you were looking for your IP?
Old 11-09-2009, 04:28 PM   #11
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrunnIT View Post
just curious, any particular reason you were looking for your IP?
I think coz he saw one of those sig pics which show your IP and ISP information
Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM   #12
senile member

somone on the forum has a signiture with a penguin holding a sign, it told me the IP and provider... since it looked like min I had to verify it for the hell of it. It became a lesson on computers. and yes a penguin .... and no I wasnt drinking lol
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #13
senile member

Speedy Admin you beat me! yea you Tcbob
Old 11-09-2009, 04:31 PM   #14
Whiskey bent and hell bound.
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: I'm TWITTER FAMOUS.
Name: Devin
Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
like the dana soft one.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:32 PM   #15
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcBob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacoyota View Post
somone on the forum has a signiture with a penguin holding a sign, it told me the IP and provider... since it looked like min I had to verify it for the hell of it. It became a lesson on computers. and yes a penguin .... and no I wasnt drinking lol

Interesting...

Just an FYI, this is similar to posting up a picture of your home address for everybody to see. I don't recommend doing it.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
Hoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoyal is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
Your Ip is easy to track by the way unless you have one that changes in cycles anyone can really find it.. Every time you go to a web site they have your ip. OMG everyone run to the hills!!
Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
senile member

yea, otter has it, i'm assuming it only shows me mine, or is it showing all of you mine?? thats the question.I suspect it's harmless , but I do a lot of suspecting.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM   #18

Hoyal's Tacoma Gallery
It shows everyone there own..
Old 11-09-2009, 04:49 PM   #19
senile member

THAT HIM! RUN IT OVER! lol

TodayWas the first time i noticed the thing , then the IP looked familiiar... I never look at my IP though.... was one of those "what the.." moments hehe
Old 11-09-2009, 04:59 PM   #20
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Mmm... track mine...

Proxy.. You don't see me.