1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Smart Phones, HTC HD2... I Think I'm Sold

Discussion in 'Technology' started by TightShirts, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Jan 20, 2010 at 1:39 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts [OP] The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
    with all the talk of phones on here i thought i'd share my thoughts on my new findings...

i've been a big blackberry user for about the past 5 years and have been on t-moible service for the same amount of time. i take care of all of the blackberries for my department and think that they were great. but the new ones don't get me very excited, and they are very fragile in comparison to their older brick like predecessors. i think i would like an iphone but i refuse to switch to att and pay their crazy fees (over $40 more a month for a comparable plan to my current) and no, don't tell me "just jailbreak/hack it" i don't have the patience for that and if they come out with a OS upgrade then what? hack the phone again? i need something reliable. and getting it to sync to exchange server can be done yes, but the constant email push will drain your battery which you can't take out. so what else is there?

Well the big talk right now is about the droid and nexis one. personally if it runs android, i'll pass. i used a HTC G1 for about 2 months last year and it was hands down the worst "smart" phone that i've ever had to use. it handles emails terribly, couldn't copy and paste across applications, and by the way did they mention that you MUST have a gmail account just to turn on the phone? yep. might not sound like a big deal, but seriously, i can't even turn it on to the home screen without setting up a new account or typing in my current account info. So what else is there? Palm Pre? their webOS doesn't look very spectacular, and no one is really making apps for it. What about windows mobile? the tmobile (htc) dash was clunky and kinda sucked, but what i found out is that most manufactures actually modify the version of windows mobile that comes on their device and add enhancements so that each windows mobile device experience is different... that said, i've opened my mind to actually switching to windows mobile on the new HTC HD2, which sounds like it will deliver the goods i've been looking for, and it's going to be available on tmobile this spring.

[​IMG]

just check out the impressive specs (yes it has a 1ghz processor): http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/specification.html

and a couple videos...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmDmH8lEQJE

i can use remote desktop out of the box...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFiDZ_wBAtM

read the full review on engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/11/25/htc-hd2-review/

2. Jan 25, 2010 at 4:05 PM
    TightShirts

TightShirts [OP] The StormTrooper

Member:
    First Name:
    TightShirts
    Phoenix... The Land of Lifted Trucks & Dirty Sluts
    Vehicle:
    08 Rugged Trail Ed
    Tint, Clear Bra, De-badged, In-Dash DVD, 09 Led Tail Lights, Chris4x4's old OME front shocks, 1.5" Deaver AAL with OME n182s, black billet in white sport grill, BHLM w/4500k HIDs + Fogs, bumper blackout
  3. Jan 30, 2010 at 7:03 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    I have been doing research too.

But, as a long time Win Mobile user (on Sprint) I think I am finally ready to make a change.

I am waiting for a new iPhone to be announced in June/July, then I will decide weather I go with the iPhone or Andriod. If the next generation iPhone has some unique, innovative and fast hardware, then I will to with the iPhone, otherwise I like a fast andriod phone.

Products Discussed in

To Top