Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Off-Topic > Technology

Notices

StarCraft II Beta

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to XrunnIT
StarCraft II Beta

Just wondering if anybody here got invited to the StarCraft II beta?

If you need let me know and we can run some matches.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #2
wht09taco will become famous soon enoughwht09taco will become famous soon enough
Name: James
wht09taco's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs down

Not me
but I hear it's currently not single player and has to be connected to the internet to work...... Even though I want it I don't want to have to be connected to play....
Some of my best game time is on the laptop during power outages...
Old 03-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #3
XrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shedXrunnIT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wht09taco View Post
Not me
but I hear it's currently not single player and has to be connected to the internet to work...... Even though I want it I don't want to have to be connected to play....
Some of my best game time is on the laptop during power outages...
Ya, I hear that.

Right now its all beta testing for the online play, testing the balance, bnet, etc. The multiplayer is their key focus right now.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #4
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
is it possible to grab any screenshots? video clips? would you happen to know anything about the mac side of the game?
Old 03-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #5
NetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedNetMonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NetMonkey's Tacoma Gallery
ya... i got into the beta. i got my ass handed to me, however. there are alot of really good players out there.

when it does come out, i think i will enjoy the single player part of the game more.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttylerr View Post
is it possible to grab any screenshots? video clips? would you happen to know anything about the mac side of the game?
I could def get some for you. What are you interested in seeing?

I know there are a TON of SC2 Beta vids on youtube that you can watch through. Watching the ones with commentary are really neat.

Right now all the beta is being done on PCs. I would assume they would release it for the mac, but haven't heard any nitty-gritty type details on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAmonkey View Post
ya... i got into the beta. i got my ass handed to me, however. there are alot of really good players out there.

when it does come out, i think i will enjoy the single player part of the game more.
Well you should look me up, we can run some scenarios, work on our game.

My tag is RunnIT.trd
Old 03-23-2010, 07:16 PM   #7
ttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shedttylerr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
ive been reading rumours about the mac beta coming out in april... ill be waiting patiently
Old 03-24-2010, 11:43 PM   #8
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ive been reading rumours about the mac beta coming out in april... ill be waiting patiently
that would be kickass! Have you already opted in for the beta? Make sure you do that ASAP that way you can get invited to participate.
Old 03-28-2010, 05:28 PM   #9

ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
i have opted in. hopefully i will get accepted with these specs i sure hope so

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Memory: 4 GB
ATI Radeon HD 4670
Old 04-03-2010, 01:48 PM   #10

ttylerr's Tacoma Gallery
woo! got accepted for the beta test! now we just need the mac version to be released
Old 04-30-2010, 04:54 AM   #11
XrunnIT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
MAC client is up.

Any other players here on TW?