1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

folder is locked???

Discussion in 'Technology' started by spidy3, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Feb 24, 2012 at 9:28 AM
    spidy3

spidy3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off Road
    I got another laptop for xmas, Samsung with Windows 7 on it. Installed a couple programs but nothing crazy and havent really downloaded much on it. I use my older laptop for all that. I tried to open iTunes and it says... "the folder "itunes" is on a locked disc or you do not have write permissions for this folder"

how do I take lock off??? and how do I get itunes to work??? I have tried to uninstall and reinstall and that didnt work.

btw. I have tried to go to properties, security, and give permission to all 3 group/user names and still not working.

2. Feb 24, 2012 at 1:56 PM
    thecoldone06

thecoldone06 Well-Known Member

Member:
    right click the itunes folder, go to properties, then the security tab. Click advanced, change permissions. Add "everyone" and give it full control. Uncheck "include inheritable permissions..." at the bottom and click add on the popup. Then Check "replace all child object permissions..." and click ok. See what happens.

3. Feb 24, 2012 at 7:31 PM
    spidy3

spidy3 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dom
    Upstate NY
    Vehicle:
    10 DC TRD Off Road
    Tried it, and didnt work. I tried uninstalling iTunes and reinstalling in another folder, that didnt work either. Weird thing is, I can go into the iTunes folder and open up the other folders and even the "acknowledgements" word file will open up, but I click on the iTunes application and it tells me about the locked folder...gggrrrrrrr

Products Discussed in

To Top