1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Cheap video surveillance?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by 05RedTaco, Jun 4, 2012.

1. Jun 4, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    05RedTaco

05RedTaco [OP] Nom Nom Nom

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Scottsdale
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tacoma XtraCab 2.7L 4x4
    I have a home office. I do property management and maintenance for 120 apartments. I collect rent as well and have rent drop slot in my house. I would like to do a video surveillance system since I can have at times decent amount of money in my rent drop slot. We are talking few thousand here...

I was looking at the video surveillance systems at Walmart and Sams Club. The best one with DVR and four cameras runs around $900, the least expensive one is $250-$300.

I was thinking of getting a wireless web cam and running surveillance through my computer. All I need is web cam pointed on my drop slot which is next to my front door and one web cam pointed on the inside of my office.

Anyone has any experience with such system? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Jun 4, 2012 at 9:19 AM
    DEEVON911

DEEVON911 Semi-Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Bethel Park, PA. Burb of da Burgh.
    Vehicle:
    2010 MGM Mostly Stock Off-Road 4x4
    TRD Cat-back Exhaust. Semi-Debadged. Trimmed down stock Antenna. Weathertech vent visors. TRD FJ Cruiser Center Cap Wheel Mod. 265/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T,s . Inverter tapped into for outlet in cab. Tacomaworld sticker which adds 5 hp.
    For around $160, you can get video and sound with a baby monitor. I'm not kidding. It is wireless, and sees in the dark. you can hook the part with the screen to a dvd recorder or a computer with the audio/video wire it comes with.

Products Discussed in

To Top