1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IOS 6 Video Out???

Discussion in 'Technology' started by winL, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Jan 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    winL

winL [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Leer 100R Cap, OEM Hood Protector, Bilstein 5100's @0, Wheeler's 3leaf AAL no TSB, Replaced oem OL, OME 885, Pioneer AVIC-D2
    Hi All,

Got a new deck in that can plug and play videos, but my iphone 4s with the IOS 6, I can't seem to output any video to any decks or TV, I've tried on a friend's deck too. My friend with an Iphone 5 has the same problem, but none of us had any issues with IOS 5 and video out. Help?!?!?!!!!

2. Mar 18, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    Riverdog

Riverdog Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Collin
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    '05 Double Cab PreRunner
    Hey, I don't know if you've figured this out or not yet but my guess is that your iPhone 4 with iOS6 isn't the problem. I bet it's your deck. If you can update the firmware on your deck, try that. Your deck might have been designed before iOS 6 was even a thought in Apple's mind. But there could be a firmware update that will make the deck work with iOS 6.

As for the iPhone 5, I found out the hard way that I can't run video (i.e. Netflix and YouTube) from my iPhone 5 to my deck, which I had done tons of times with my iPhone 4 with iOS 6. And i was further butt hurt when i found out the lightning to 20-pin adapters that are out now don't transfer video. They only do audio. I remember seeing online somewhere that this guy got it to work with two or three different types of adapters. I didn't donit because its more work than I want to put in for something I rarely use anyway. Sorry I don't remember any specifics about it but if you google it enough you'll find it.

3. Mar 18, 2013 at 11:26 AM
    winL

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Leer 100R Cap, OEM Hood Protector, Bilstein 5100's @0, Wheeler's 3leaf AAL no TSB, Replaced oem OL, OME 885, Pioneer AVIC-D2
    Hey, Thanks for the input, I did get the video to work. I found out that only Youtube doesn't work anymore since the ios6 came out. But, if I have videos in the phone that I've personally transferred, THAT works. I was testing the system the whole time with Youtube, that's why I was pretty frustrated.

4. Mar 21, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    lysias55

lysias55 E-Dub

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Cherokee, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma
    a Kenwood touchscreen nav unit w/ ipod cable and xm subscription, TRD Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle Shifter, skid plate, tinted windows, tinted rain guards, 5100's all the way around, stock c/o up front on the 5100's, L.E.D. dome light, k&n 63 series C.A.I.
    Google Evasi0n Jailbreak. Jailbreak your phone and link it to your Amazon. Then buy a tweak called Protube extension pun intended, that will allow you to save YouTube videos, then usually you'll need another tweak called Bridge, that tweak will allow you to transfer those videos to your stock iOS video app library. Then you'll be able to play them through your deck. Only download 720p videos though.

5. Mar 21, 2013 at 10:30 AM
    lysias55

lysias55 E-Dub

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Cherokee, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma
    a Kenwood touchscreen nav unit w/ ipod cable and xm subscription, TRD Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle Shifter, skid plate, tinted windows, tinted rain guards, 5100's all the way around, stock c/o up front on the 5100's, L.E.D. dome light, k&n 63 series C.A.I.
    It'll add a downloads tab and an option to the video to download that video

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363886981.465720.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363886990.960494.jpg

Really great add on to the stock YouTube app. Music quality is great also. I usually play music videos while I'm driving.

6. Mar 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    winL

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    So technically, I'll still have to download Youtube videos first, then send it to my phone. Correct?

7. Mar 21, 2013 at 9:43 PM
    lysias55

lysias55 E-Dub

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Cherokee, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma
    Yeah but the bridge tweak can send a video in less than 2 seconds so it isn't a big deal. It'll let you categorize your videos also. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363927316.249692.jpg

Those options are at the top. I use a kenwood nav unit to control my iPhone. This is a great setup though. All the videos you can ask for all for free and in 720p

8. Mar 21, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    winL

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    PreRunner
    Wow, thanks. I'll give it a try!

9. Mar 21, 2013 at 9:50 PM
    lysias55

lysias55 E-Dub

Member:
    First Name:
    Evan
    Cherokee, North Carolina
    Vehicle:
    09 Toyota Tacoma
    Redmondpie.com has a write up on how to jailbreak. I'm hoping you didn't update your phone to the 6.1.3 firmware as there isn't a way to jailbreak it. Well there is but it's a PITA and isn't worth it

Products Discussed in

To Top