1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Server 2003 Website Issues

Discussion in 'Technology' started by J11Tac, Jan 31, 2013.

1. Jan 31, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    J11Tac

J11Tac [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    B.E.A.S.T.
    I have a server running 2003 Standard R2. It also has the domain controller, AD, and DNS. I have roughly 30 computers in AD.

My problem:
    We use a website, Skyrouter.com, to track our helicopters in while they are flying. This website uses Silverlight and it worked fine up until Tuesday. When you visit the site, everything loads, but it appears to not connect to the database which shows our tracking info. Here is the weird part. It works perfectly fine if you take the computer off the domain. You put it on the domain and it doesn't load the info.

I have not changed any settings within the past week on the server, router, etc. What could be causing the website to not load right only on domain computers?

2. Jan 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    chadderkdawg

chadderkdawg Don't ask questions you don't want the answer to..

Member:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Vehicle:
    09 FX4 F150
    Any recent windows updates on desktops or server?

3. Jan 31, 2013 at 11:51 AM
    thegreatwall23

thegreatwall23 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Armor Shrockworks front bumber Shrockworks Rock Sliders Brute Force Rear Bumper XRC8 with synthetic rope Relentless Full Skid Pack Suspension Icons 2.5 extended travel all around with King 14" 700# Springs Icon Tubular UCA's All Pro Standard Leaf Pack 3 degree axle shims Wheelers front bumpstop U bolt flip kit Timbren rear bumpstop Mods rear diff breather fog light anytime ABS Disable TPMS disable Door Chime disable Seat Belt Chime Disable Cab Mount Chop Pinch Weld Mod BHLM Other 4.56 Nitro gears FX-R Retrofit HID's with Halos PIAA fogs and driving lights Wet Okole seat covers Weather-Tech floormats Access LiteRider bed cover AMP bed extender Viair 450P-A Rocky Clutch SD mounts Pop-n-lock tailgate lock Aux rear lights Rear sliding window security bar B.A.M.F Light Bar Ultragauge 48" Hi Lift Jack with Bed Rail Mount Bushwacker Fender Flares ECGS PTFE Bushing SS Brake Lines Brembo Blanks Hawk HPS In cab winch control (12voltguy) Tint
    I would say check updates\patches as well.

This maybe dumb but... If it is a website and you are hitting it from outside the domain, www.domain.com... If you are inside the domain and same network, unless you have it setup different, you need to go to servername (http://servername) or whatever the domain server name is. Hope that makes sense...

4. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:19 PM
    J11Tac

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    B.E.A.S.T.
    The website loads. Just when it comes to load the tracking data, does it give the error.

I'll show a screenshot.

Capture.jpg

5. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:22 PM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Armor Shrockworks front bumber Shrockworks Rock Sliders Brute Force Rear Bumper XRC8 with synthetic rope Relentless Full Skid Pack Suspension Icons 2.5 extended travel all around with King 14" 700# Springs Icon Tubular UCA's All Pro Standard Leaf Pack 3 degree axle shims Wheelers front bumpstop U bolt flip kit Timbren rear bumpstop Mods rear diff breather fog light anytime ABS Disable TPMS disable Door Chime disable Seat Belt Chime Disable Cab Mount Chop Pinch Weld Mod BHLM Other 4.56 Nitro gears FX-R Retrofit HID's with Halos PIAA fogs and driving lights Wet Okole seat covers Weather-Tech floormats Access LiteRider bed cover AMP bed extender Viair 450P-A Rocky Clutch SD mounts Pop-n-lock tailgate lock Aux rear lights Rear sliding window security bar B.A.M.F Light Bar Ultragauge 48" Hi Lift Jack with Bed Rail Mount Bushwacker Fender Flares ECGS PTFE Bushing SS Brake Lines Brembo Blanks Hawk HPS In cab winch control (12voltguy) Tint
    Gotcha... So, the website still loads, but the silverlight component doesn't work. Is that right?

6. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:25 PM
    J11Tac

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    B.E.A.S.T.
    Yes. I contacted the service provider and they have made no changes that would cause this... according to them.

It has to be something on my server. I'm going to start uninstalling updates one by one.

7. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:26 PM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    So, someone else hosts the site, but that site connects via webservice or whatever to your database on your server. Am I on the right path?

8. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    J11Tac

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    B.E.A.S.T.
    No, it's their own database. It says "Server communication error". Only happens when I access the site from a computer on my domain. The server is in California. I'm in Louisiana.

9. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:30 PM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Most of the time if something random like this happens and no one has touched anything, then I always assume an update. I actually have automatic updates turned off on all my servers. It notifies me, but doesn't download or install. That way I can do them at one time and check to make sure something like this doesn't randomly happen.

10. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:33 PM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Sorry, I am just trying to follow. You said service provider, so I was just trying to figure out what they were doing. So, your website, their database? Just trying to follow so you can rule out certain pieces.

11. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:41 PM
    Kenobe

Kenobe Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Vehicle:
    09 Tacoma TRD Sport
    Check your server event logs - might be an error in there that points you in the right direction.

12. Jan 31, 2013 at 12:43 PM
    thegreatwall23

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Mt. Juliet, TN
    Vehicle:
    2009 TRD Off Road
    Have you tried a reboot. I have had weird issues that I couldn't figure out and reboot fixed them. lol...

13. Jan 31, 2013 at 2:20 PM
    J11Tac

Member:
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    B.E.A.S.T.
    Reboot doesn't work.

I'm heading home. This isn't an urgent issue. Just one I can't figure out.

Products Discussed in

To Top