Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Meet

Old 06-27-2008, 11:24 PM   #21
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
damn i was hoping somewhere near el paso, LOL
Just so we're all clear, I don't really want to meet at a DQ (although, now that I've been talking about it, I may swing by one tomorrow.) I'm just trying to start a dialogue so maybe we can come to some sort of middle ground and find a place that we would all be willing to go.

I'm down for 2-3 hours in all directions. That puts me as far south as Austin, as far East as Tyler, as far north as...I don't think I've ever driven north...and as far west as Abilene (maybe).
Old 06-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #22
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
That's my point. I'd love to go somewhere, but nobody's thrown out an idea except Blockade (and my BS.) And that's even further away from you than Burleson is.

Oh, and I have a great reason for you...

while DQ is a staple in my diet, I have one here...

I wish I could help with a place to meet, but I am not very familiar with the area (or the state for that matter). No money + high gas prices + big state = moderator on internet website - if you know what I mean.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #23
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by eordonez View Post
damn i was hoping somewhere near el paso, LOL
Central Texas is looking more like the right spot since we are pretty well spread out. How far down I-10/I-20 you willing to go?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #24
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Just so we're all clear, I don't really want to meet at a DQ (although, now that I've been talking about it, I may swing by one tomorrow.) I'm just trying to start a dialogue so maybe we can come to some sort of middle ground and find a place that we would all be willing to go.

I'm down for 2-3 hours in all directions. That puts me as far south as Austin, as far East as Tyler, as far north as...I don't think I've ever driven north...and as far west as Abilene (maybe).
Yeah, I was pickin' up what you were puttin' down in the first place.

Is there any good parks South of Abilene that we could get together at? Last time I drove up South of Abilene all I saw were wind farms.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:05 AM   #25
Wife thinks I am done Modding truck
Imrubicon is on a distinguished road

Army: Crash rescue\Medivac
Imrubicon's Tacoma Gallery
How about the city park in Kerrville as its great riding roads and senic for trucks/ We have lost maples park ,Fredricksburg and a bunch of BBQ.
Centrally loacated in TX .
Lots of rooms or camping if we choose a non holiday weekend ?
Old 06-28-2008, 09:10 AM   #26

Kerrville also has a nice Dairyqueen LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 09:22 AM   #27
I dub thee malicious!

I am on that like white on rice!!! I live so close to Kerrville/Fredericksburg that I go there just to get out of the house!

Of course, when my parents are in town we HAVE TO hit up Chocolat in Fredericksburg!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 09:24 AM   #28
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imrubicon View Post
How about the city park in Kerrville as its great riding roads and senic for trucks/ We have lost maples park ,Fredricksburg and a bunch of BBQ.
Centrally loacated in TX .
Lots of rooms or camping if we choose a non holiday weekend ?
Quote:
Kerrville also has a nice Dairyqueen LOL
Imrubicon, be sure to add your vote to the Texas Poll...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...gion-poll.html
Old 06-28-2008, 10:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
Imrubicon, be sure to add your vote to the Texas Poll...

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tex...gion-poll.html

Done as I would like to meet some of you .
Though in the one wekk there may be some I wont hit it off with LOL
Old 06-28-2008, 11:23 AM   #30
I dub thee malicious!

Quote:
Done as I would like to meet some of you .
Though in the one wekk there may be some I wont hit it off with LOL
What's gonna be different in a week?
Old 06-28-2008, 05:53 PM   #31

Sorry typing and spelling not up to par ....
I meant in the week I have had a Tacoma some of you may not agree with me on a lot of things.
For instance I notice a lot of things are the same argument on the 4X4 jeep BB's for the last five years, Just know that I have been there and done some of what I see others trying to do .
nothing bad just I have only had the Tacoma a week and so far it fits real well.
Old 06-28-2008, 06:40 PM   #32
Texas Alliance
treetagger is on a distinguished road

treetagger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to treetagger
What about austin? its pretty centralized, or around there. im willing to drive a little bit.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:49 PM   #33
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
Just throwing out some more places here.

Wimberley - considered one of the top 10 small town in America and very scenic area

Bastrop area - a lot of trails from what I hear, also very scenic.

I do like the Kerrville/Fredericksburg area from what I have seen of it but I'm not that familiar with that area other then downtown Fredericksburg from when I went on a trip to the Nimitz museum
Old 06-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #34
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down for someplace in central Texas. I like Bastrop. I ust to go there for a family reunion every year in october. There is a real nice state park there on the lake. I have not been there in about 10 years so I don't recall what all there is to do.
What about floating the river in New Branfels. We could camp and drink beer and have a great time.
We could also plan a dove hunt in September. I know its far off but with a large group, organizing a place to go and to get everyone to commit could take some time.
I don't mind helping to plan something but don't want to do everything on my own.
Some other ideas I have include a beach meet in the Corpus area or a canoe trip down the Brazos or another scenic river in Texas.
Old 08-15-2008, 08:53 AM   #35
ridin dirty
07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed07tacoark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Red
07tacoark's Tacoma Gallery
there is a place round here to go... around bodcau.

figured this pg needed a bump and some more info