Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas Meet

Old 06-17-2008, 06:26 PM   #1
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Texas Meet

We should get something together. I realize that we may have to do it by region, but it would be nice to get together with other Tacoma lovers. Are there any places in particular that someone might have in mind. I went to a Range Rover meet with a friend in Gilmer (north of Longview in north east Texas) which would be very challenging and generally fun. Any other suggestions, when should we do it?
Old 06-17-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
007Tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 007Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
We should get something together. I realize that we may have to do it by region, but it would be nice to get together with other Tacoma lovers. Are there any places in particular that someone might have in mind. I went to a Range Rover meet with a friend in Gilmer (north of Longview in north east Texas) which would be very challenging and generally fun. Any other suggestions, when should we do it?
Most of the places I know to wheel are in NM and CO, so I just got a PreRunner. However, I am all about riding with some one else and doing some BBQ when we get back!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
SongDog is on a distinguished road

SongDog's Tacoma Gallery
Count me in. I'm always in for 4wheel'n, BBQ and some good 'ol FROSTY BEVERAGES!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
do it near El paso!! LOL ill be there!
Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 PM   #5
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Casey
EquinsuOcha's Tacoma Gallery
I'm in for some two-wheelin', some BBQ and some adult beverages. It all depends where and when. As of now, I have July 13-26 and August 3-9 free. In between, I'll be in Angelfire, and afterwards I'll be in school.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:33 PM   #6
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
My weekends are hit or miss right now. When I had a Titan some of us would meet at a park on Lake Grapevine and cook out.

I am open to ideas for a meet and if they include beer it will make it that much better.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:14 AM   #7
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
I'm In - currently stationed at Fort Hood.. so just let me know the details and Ill bring some beer
Old 06-18-2008, 08:49 AM   #8
I dub thee malicious!
007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed007Tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Is anyone interested in organizing a meet?

edit: I should be more clear - Is anyone interested in coordinating a meet? Things like where, when, who, how much beer, how much food, what to do - all need to be planned out to some extent.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:05 AM   #9
The Professional
c0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shedc0b2a is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 3rd SFG(A)
c0b2a's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to c0b2a
I don't know the area very well but I'll be happy to do the organizing.. just set up a poll on this thread for a date to make it happen and where... I'll figure out how many attending and figure out the drinks, BBQ, and ummm strippers? jk
Old 06-23-2008, 02:40 PM   #10
Unapologetic Texan
sawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to beholdsawdust is a splendid one to behold

sawdust's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have time to coordinate a meet, but I could be persuaded to come if we can scheme against the carolina alliance.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:19 PM   #11
Bourbon
EquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shedEquinsuOcha is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I think the "where" is the most important factor. It seems like we're pretty spread out as it is. I'd be willing to go as far south as Austin. Anywhere within 2 hours would be even better.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #12
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
What would everyone like to do?
There is a big car show in Austin called Texas Heat Wave on July 19th
Cook out
Frisby golf
Off road trip
Camping
Float the river
Day at the gun range

I don't know of any legal places to off road around here so I don't know if that one would be possible.
Old 06-23-2008, 09:11 PM   #13
Chomag will become famous soon enough
Chomag's Tacoma Gallery
I would be down for some wheelin,BBQ, and beer.... I mean COME ON!!! Is there anything better on earth...well other then sexy gals that is
Old 06-23-2008, 09:33 PM   #14
BLOCKADE will become famous soon enoughBLOCKADE will become famous soon enough
BLOCKADE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawdust View Post
I don't have time to coordinate a meet, but I could be persuaded to come if we can scheme against the carolina alliance.
Hmmm, good idea. When we finally succeed from the Union due to an extremely week dollar and super high energy prices we'll need some grunts to send to Alaska to drill for all that oil and send it back to Texas. Who better than the Carolina Alliance?
Old 06-24-2008, 06:44 AM   #15
1/2 man 1/2 amazing
sooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: A A Ron
sooner07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLOCKADE View Post
Hmmm, good idea. When we finally succeed from the Union due to an extremely week dollar and super high energy prices we'll need some grunts to send to Alaska to drill for all that oil and send it back to Texas. Who better than the Carolina Alliance?

Let's spell things correctly to further our superiority of those redneck heathens.
Old 06-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
I dub thee malicious!

...anyone wanting to organize the first Texas Meet? (sound of crickets)
Old 06-27-2008, 10:26 PM   #17
Bourbon

Like I said before, I think the place is most important. So I'll throw out a place and we can argue/negotiate from there.

Dairy Queen
Burleson, Texas
Tuesday July 15,2008

How 'bout that? Or are we just going to sit around on the board and talk about "that time we almost tried to make plans to plan a meet?"
Old 06-27-2008, 11:02 PM   #18
I dub thee malicious!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EquinsuOcha View Post
Like I said before, I think the place is most important. So I'll throw out a place and we can argue/negotiate from there.

Dairy Queen
Burleson, Texas
Tuesday July 15,2008

How 'bout that? Or are we just going to sit around on the board and talk about "that time we almost tried to make plans to plan a meet?"
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...1&iwloc=A&pw=2

You could probably get some people to meet there (kilo, Lane Cypert, sawdust, SilverMac, sockmonkey, SongDog, sooner07, tex, and wormhole7), but what about the rest of the state?

I will need a pretty good reason to drive from San Antonio (through Austin or up 281) to go to Dallas. Dairy Queen (aka - the Texas Stop Sign for anyone that has driven 287) isn't a good enough reason for me to drive out to the DFW area. In any other state, this drive would be a 2.5 - 3 hour drive, but I-35 in Austin is like roller derby for combustion engines running at 2 miles an hour... (no offense to Austin, but driving through there stinks)

I say it sounds like a good meet for the DFW members, but from SA I won't be able to make it.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:14 PM   #19
Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
but what about the rest of the state? ...

...I will need a pretty good reason to drive from San Antonio
That's my point. I'd love to go somewhere, but nobody's thrown out an idea except Blockade (and my BS.) And that's even further away from you than Burleson is.

Oh, and I have a great reason for you...

Old 06-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #20
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007Tacoma View Post
http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&...1&iwloc=A&pw=2

You could probably get some people to meet there (kilo, Lane Cypert, sawdust, SilverMac, sockmonkey, SongDog, sooner07, tex, and wormhole7), but what about the rest of the state?

I will need a pretty good reason to drive from San Antonio (through Austin or up 281) to go to Dallas. Dairy Queen (aka - the Texas Stop Sign for anyone that has driven 287) isn't a good enough reason for me to drive out to the DFW area. In any other state, this drive would be a 2.5 - 3 hour drive, but I-35 in Austin is like roller derby for combustion engines running at 2 miles an hour... (no offense to Austin, but driving through there stinks)

I say it sounds like a good meet for the DFW members, but from SA I won't be able to make it.
damn i was hoping somewhere near el paso, LOL