Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Question about buying a Toyota in TX

Old 08-26-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Question about buying a Toyota in TX

I've decided to trade in my Access cab for a double cab. Not brand new, but something like a '07+. Anyway, I've browsed a few sites and seen a couple that look good in non-Toyota dealers. Example: I just went and looked at one tonight at Planet Ford.

My question is simple:

Is it really that important to seek a "Toyota Certified" pre-owned Toyota at a Yota dealer????
Old 08-27-2010, 04:31 AM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
Not really but you get a longer power train waranty to 100k. That is the only difference I know of.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:49 AM   #3
Stay lifted my friends !
Wattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shedWattapunk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Uncle K
Wattapunk's Tacoma Gallery
I think most dealerships have their own 'certified' used cars advertisement. Just means it went through their so-called 'vigorous' inspection process before selling. They may tack on some warranty. I never cared for the hype as long as you do your own thorough lookover/test drive. I think as buyers we are probably more picky than a garage worker that does his check off on a truck he has no interest in. Besides, you are buying a solid truck with a good track record.

Old 08-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #4
Swollen Member
8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed8th sin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

8th sin's Tacoma Gallery
yea, I think toyota's certified used program is a croc....I wouldn't pay any premium for a glorified once over, you get the same thing when you get an oil change.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the replies, fellas.
Old 09-08-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Work In Progress
nolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to beholdnolanspawn is a splendid one to behold

Air Force: Weapons Director
nolanspawn's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to nolanspawn
Did you ever buy what you were looking for? If not I am selling mine and will be in Texas next week. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post2153098