Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Windshield Replacement in the Houston area

Old 09-06-2010, 09:03 AM   #1
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rusty Shackleford
Biscuits's Tacoma Gallery
Windshield Replacement in the Houston area

I've had this truck for a month and last night a rock or something hit my windshield so hard it sent shards of glass onto my passenger. Needless to say I'm less than happy.

I'm not going to speculate if it's repairable or if the whole shebang has to be replaced. Right now I'm slated to go with Safelite, but I've heard/read too many horror stories to feel completely comfortable letting touch my pickup. If anyone knows of a good glass shop, please* let me know.

*I'll buy you a beer.
Old 09-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #2
tex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shedtex is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
tex's Tacoma Gallery
If you were closer to Arlington there is a good shop here that has done work on 2 of my vehicles and several others for friends and family.
Safelite are crooks and charge way too much. Call a local body shop that you trust and ask who they use for their glass work.
Good luck getting it fixed.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:37 AM   #3
Senior Injector
Biscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shedBiscuits is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex View Post
If you were closer to Arlington there is a good shop here that has done work on 2 of my vehicles and several others for friends and family.
Safelite are crooks and charge way too much. Call a local body shop that you trust and ask who they use for their glass work.
Good luck getting it fixed.
Thanks man.

Went with a friend's recommendation and scheduled an appointment with Clear Lake Auto Glass. $165 instead of $300 quoted by Safelite, and apparently they do good work. I'll post up with a review for anyone who cares.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
R1100Ron is on a distinguished road

Name: Ron
R1100Ron's Tacoma Gallery
Go to Apple Glass on Antoine. Good prices and they do an excellent job. Stay away from Affordable Auto Glass on Hillcroft. They're a little cheaper but do a crappy job.
Old 09-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Senior Injector

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1100Ron View Post
Go to Apple Glass on Antoine. Good prices and they do an excellent job. Stay away from Affordable Auto Glass on Hillcroft. They're a little cheaper but do a crappy job.
Thanks for the info, but I already found a great shop to do the work.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...ml#post2164969