Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

is anyone on here from Austin?

Old 05-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #341
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
Thanks,

I just got a new job at Whole Foods Market. So I need a few checks to come through before I hop back on the wheeling wagon haha. Also need to do some work on the truck before I take it back out too
That's awesome! Which store are you at?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #342
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oury
Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsPib View Post
That's awesome! Which store are you at?

Bee Cave Store, Grand Opening was today..... so nuts i work all week long 60 hrs
Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 AM   #343
"Jedi Knight and friend to Captain dsaltus"
Dagobah is on a distinguished road

Name: Zane
Dagobah's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Hoss View Post
I suck at consistently checking TW lately....anyone wanna come to a spot I know of and get em muddy? text me if interested..gonna head there around 7 (area is near parmer/dessau in north austin) 512-431-3852 -justin
Hey man where in RR are you? My dad's house is behind the Stoney Point High School campus. I'm up there quite often actually...
Old 06-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #344
MrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to beholdMrsPib is a splendid one to behold

Name: Angie
MrsPib's Tacoma Gallery
Contemplating this wiring harness for my elocker swap. The switch is UG-LY though, but it sounds like to use a OE switch requires a different tie into the non-TRD OE system. Maybe I can find a similar function switch, but in a more OE look?
http://www.12voltguy.com/product.php...e=0&featured=Y

or....I also found this: http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/diffs/e...ker_wiring.gif
Old 06-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #345
m50dude is on a distinguished road
Name: Kyle
m50dude's Tacoma Gallery
If you don't have any plans this weekend, 5100 install...

I will be attempting a front 5100 install this saturday. If anyone is board and would like to give onsite support please feel free to respond...I live in south austin.
Oh and please bring a jack and stands.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:55 PM   #346
Grundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shedGrundletaint is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Grundletaint's Tacoma Gallery
I'm up for my 5K service soon. Bought at champion and I reckon I'll do it there. Anybody know a specific advisor they can recommend?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:49 AM   #347
Texas Taco
Oury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shedOury is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grundletaint View Post
I'm up for my 5K service soon. Bought at champion and I reckon I'll do it there. Anybody know a specific advisor they can recommend?
I don't, be warned they will tag a few extra's on the ticket if you don't watch them...
Old 07-07-2012, 10:03 PM   #348
BigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigAlole is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: VAQ-130, VA-155 (Decom)
Name: Al
BigAlole's Tacoma Gallery
Any Recommendations?

Hey Guys,
Anyone recommend a shop in the Austin, RR or Cedar Park area to get some work done? i.e. lift, elite front bumper install? Tempted to go to 4x4 Parts off of Anderson cause I don't know of any other places....
Old 07-10-2012, 04:57 PM   #349
docjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura aboutdocjake has a spectacular aura about

docjake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlole View Post
Hey Guys,
Anyone recommend a shop in the Austin, RR or Cedar Park area to get some work done? i.e. lift, elite front bumper install? Tempted to go to 4x4 Parts off of Anderson cause I don't know of any other places....
If you wanted to come up to Killeen, I could do the lift and the bumper install.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #350
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough
Army: Airborne
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
I need some stereo work done on my Tacoma. Does anyone on here know anything about Custom Sounds here in Austin?
Old 07-10-2012, 09:47 PM   #351
Texas Taco

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAlole View Post
Hey Guys,
I can help install the front bumper. I live out in Lake Travis. I could help with a few other things too
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #352
Texas Taco

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paidfor View Post
I need some stereo work done on my Tacoma. Does anyone on here know anything about Custom Sounds here in Austin?
They are pricey, but I got all my work done there. Good place but sometimes the sales guys can suck balls. I walked in there once with a wad of cash to install a stereo and sub and they never bothered to talk to me. I walked up to ask a manager a few questions. They did the install for free....

Just talk to the manager, you'll be better off
Old 07-11-2012, 05:34 AM   #353
paidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the roughpaidfor is a jewel in the rough
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Qury, thanks for the input. I will be going to the one way out N. of HY183. I hope they can fix my problem.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #354
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about

Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
When I had my taco I did the complete stereo install myself. Let me know if you would like a hand. I also did the stereo in my 4runner. I will be cheaper than custom sounds ; )
Old 07-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #355
paidfor's Tacoma Gallery
Well, got it back today and all works fine....except I have to have the Ebrake on to turn on Vid. player. I will be grounding that darn wire. Passengers need to be able to see the vid.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 AM   #356
Texas Taco

Oury's Tacoma Gallery
thats cool. Well tomorrow I'll be installing a lean spacer on my driver side. Anyone wants to join and hang out they are more than welcome
Old 07-16-2012, 10:33 AM   #357
Tacoma Addict
Nubes has a spectacular aura aboutNubes has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chris
Nubes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oury View Post
thats cool. Well tomorrow I'll be installing a lean spacer on my driver side. Anyone wants to join and hang out they are more than welcome
If only I were closer...
Old 08-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #358
..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..
186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed186000mps is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Charles
186000mps's Tacoma Gallery
Any welding prodigies out there in the Austin area?

I have a couple small projects that require welding and am looking for help from a member (will compensate) or a referral to someone competent.

Aluminum:
During my recent move, my jon boat suffered a small hole to the hull and I'm looking to have that repaired, I have some flat stock for the repair.

Stainless Steel:
Just installed a Flowmaster stainless exhaust and would like to have the tube connections seam welded.

Plain steel:
Have a U-bolt flip kit and need to weld the new shock mounts to the axle, a friend and I were going to do this before the move, but just ran out of time.

Thanks
Old 08-19-2013, 01:51 PM   #359
DESRTRNNR is just really niceDESRTRNNR is just really niceDESRTRNNR is just really niceDESRTRNNR is just really nice
DESRTRNNR's Tacoma Gallery
have you joined the greater austin tacoma off road (g.a.t.o.r.) facebook group? there is a guy on there that did a axle swap for MrsPib.. but i dont know what his name on here is

Products Discussed in this Thread