Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

el paso taco stop?

Old 02-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #2041
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Retired
area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
Roger Little?
Great find, whats the plans for it?
Yep, it was Roger.

I don't plan on doing much in the near term, except get a spare.

I'll put a steel top on it eventually.

It's in really great shape.

Jim
Old 02-26-2013, 07:41 PM   #2042
garcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgarcm329 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: mario
garcm329's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kai38` View Post
An easy day trip, 130 miles from EP to the exit towards the trail.
You can make a big loop and come out a different way then where you went in.
http://goo.gl/maps/4683g
Thanks! It doesnt seem too far Ill have to see if I can make it out there next time I head to EP... Hopefully Ill see some of you guys around... My bro says he doesnt see too many modded out tacos out there... especially not as many as in so cal but Ill tell him to wave if he sees any of you guys haha
Old 03-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #2044
area 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shedarea 52 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrock View Post
awesome looking trailer - I need one for me, know of any?
That was a two year search to find one in El Paso.

When they show up on Craig's List, they're gone in a day or two, unless it's pricey (2K or more).

I found a heavily corroded M 100 a few months ago for $500. It was sold the next day.

Jim
Old 04-01-2013, 01:47 AM   #2045
Hektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud ofHektor has much to be proud of

Hektor's Tacoma Gallery
I just got my OME 881 coils and wheelers 5 leaf pack. Now does anybody know a good installer here in El Paso?? I want the job done right with out any problems in the future. Thanks guys
Old 04-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #2046

area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hektor View Post
I just got my OME 881 coils and wheelers 5 leaf pack. Now does anybody know a good installer here in El Paso?? I want the job done right with out any problems in the future. Thanks guys
Hektor,

4Wheel Parts can do it, but I have no idea how much.

Jim
Old 04-01-2013, 07:04 AM   #2047
kai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shedkai38` is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kai38`'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I had Tinker Toys install mine, in and out in a day. They are on the west side of town off of Redd
584-5057
Old 04-01-2013, 08:18 PM   #2048
Wartoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Sergio
Wartoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Max Tire on Dyer can do it also. Good prices.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:32 AM   #2051

area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EATABULLETcom View Post
Shoot me a text if anyone is free Tomoro 956 244 3014
I'm off tomorrow, but we can run out to Red Sands after work today if you want.

Jim
Old 05-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #2053
TACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACO TX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kelly
TACO TX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by area 52 View Post
Hey Kirk,

Lookee what I just dragged home a few hours ago:
My dad has one of those, I'm gonna see if he will sell it to me now that i have seen yours. What kinda mods you thinking and what will you use it for you think. Just general hauling of stuff or off road, camping, hunting etc.
Old 05-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #2054

area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACO TX View Post
My dad has one of those, I'm gonna see if he will sell it to me now that i have seen yours. What kinda mods you thinking and what will you use it for you think. Just general hauling of stuff or off road, camping, hunting etc.
Just general purpose at this stage.

I plan on adding a 48" 2x2 hitch extension and retain the lunette ring.

Spring over lift and sheet metal top.

Later, I'll swap out the axle for a 3500lbs Dexter with a six bolt Toyota pattern.

By the way, there was M 416 on El Paso Craig's List as of yesterday for $1100.
Old 06-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #2055
D.J. is on a distinguished road
Army: AH-64D ARMAMENT
Name: edmar
D.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Hey whats up guys am new to the forum and looking at buying my first taco. I found this http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/3894531436.html in E.P. and maybe you guys recongnize the truck . Thanks
Old 06-26-2013, 07:02 PM   #2056

area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.J. View Post
Hey whats up guys am new to the forum and looking at buying my first taco. I found this http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto/3894531436.html in E.P. and maybe you guys recongnize the truck . Thanks

There was a truck like that on the Ft Bliss lemon lot around Feb this year for 13.5K, but I'm not sure it's the same one, as that one looked like this but had a lot more upgrades underneath (I crawled under it).

In any event, it's too expensive, IMO with that amount of mileage.

I'd have a hard time offering even 10K cash.

A private sale is generally better than a dealer as those guys will take you to the cleaners.

The more I think about this, that other truck had around 85K on the odometer, (I was pondering buying it), but I'll leave this in for you to compare to what this guy is asking.

Keep watching CL, there are better deals to be had.

Jim
Old 06-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #2057
D.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
^^Thanks for your opinion, am getting frustrated because it seems imposible to find a good deal in this trucks. I still got 2 more moths till I get(deployment) back so hopefully I can find something nice.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #2058

area 52's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
^^Thanks for your opinion, am getting frustrated because it seems imposible to find a good deal in this trucks. I still got 2 more moths till I get(deployment) back so hopefully I can find something nice.
DJ,

When you search, I recommend searching "Toyota" vs "Tacoma" and search "by owner" as that will scrub out almost all dealers.

There was a kick ass private owner T-100 on CL for $3600 for ONE day that I had planned to look at but disappeared quickly.

There's also some good deals to be had on 2 and 3 gen 4Runners that can be modded into very capable overland/expedition bush rigs. I've seen V6 4runners with a little over 100k on the clock in the 10k range and that's not bad for a rig that will probably run for 200K or better. They're usually soccer mom rigs with zero off road time.

Additionally there are some killer Jeep XJs on CL right now for 3-5K. While not a Toyota, it's probably the best dollar for dollar entry point for some extremely capable rigs.

The most important thing is to have cash at the ready and visit the owner personally. I wouldn't try to buy while you're still deployed, as that's too many moving parts for most sellers.

Use these next two months to scout out rigs and think through what best serves you.

Thank you for your service I hope your next two months pass safely.

Jim
Old 06-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #2059
Wartoy is on a distinguished road

Name: Sergio
Wartoy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
What year Toyota you looking to go with? There are a couple on there that I had seen today. http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/cto.3881613122.html
Going to a nearby city might be an option too? Thanks for your service.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:59 AM   #2060
D.J.'s Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys thanks! am looking at any year DC SB 4x4 taco and FJ's too but that may be a little bit over my budget but I thing I just gonna wait till I get back, because even that my wife is local. she's not really helping lol.