Texas Tacomas

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Regional Discussion > Regions > Texas

Notices

Texas BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #42442
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
As long as you do not mind me picking up your parts that fall off and selling them on eBay.

Also - how "might" is "might"?

I traded the taco for a Jeep
Old 07-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #42443
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blake
ThatGuy18's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by A7XTaco View Post
Good call.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #42444
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Wow... didn't see that coming. Why? Your Taco was pretty nice with all the bells and whistles.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:24 PM   #42445
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuy18 View Post
Good call.
Says the guy that still wishes he had his old Taco back.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #42446
ThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shedThatGuy18 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Says the guy that still wishes he had his old Taco back.
It's not that I wish I had it back. I just wish I would have spent the money that I did on my 4Runner putting a solid axle under the Tacoma. Only way I'd want my Tacoma back would be if I could keep the diesel and have the Tacoma as the trail rig. But I couldn't afford that. If you're building a new vehicle for hardcore offroad, a 4 door JK Rubicon is miles ahead of a Tacoma out of the box. It's a smarter choice if you're going to build a rock machine out of a newer vehicle.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #42447

Also, my buddy with the Rubicon on 37s has started to research an engine swap. Looking like an LS1 may be the choice. Trying to get him to pick up a T56 trans to mate it to as well to get rid of the auto it has in it. Just need to figure out a doubler setup for the t-case since an Atlas is more than likely out of the question. He got a quote for the engine and labor... $12k
Old 07-12-2013, 03:35 AM   #42448
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
I honestly can't explain why I did... I can say that the build quality is not near the same as the Taco, but I have to admit... It's so much more fun to drive!

I figure I'll drive it until the first time it leaves me sitting on the side of the road out of warranty, then I'll be trading it in for another Taco.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:40 AM   #42449

A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Also, my buddy with the Rubicon on 37s has started to research an engine swap. Looking like an LS1 may be the choice. Trying to get him to pick up a T56 trans to mate it to as well to get rid of the auto it has in it. Just need to figure out a doubler setup for the t-case since an Atlas is more than likely out of the question. He got a quote for the engine and labor... $12k

I guess with 37s it's probably a little starved for power huh? I know the only thing I'm interested in for mine is better MPGs!
Old 07-12-2013, 03:58 AM   #42450

That would probably be one of two reasons I ditch my Tacoma for: better towing or better mileage. It would depend if I started driving more for work though. I would either upgrade to a 3/4 ton diesel or fix up my old truck and get a diesel car.
Old 07-12-2013, 05:16 AM   #42451
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That would probably be one of two reasons I ditch my Tacoma for: better towing or better mileage. It would depend if I started driving more for work though. I would either upgrade to a 3/4 ton diesel or fix up my old truck and get a diesel car.
I'm getting 16 mpg right now, so obviously I don't care too much about mileage. I'm just looking for better towing, and comfort. I beat up my Taco too many times on the trails, and retired it too late. I'll probably wait until next year, and pick a tow rig up.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:25 AM   #42452

Quote:
I guess with 37s it's probably a little starved for power huh? I know the only thing I'm interested in for mine is better MPGs!
He's got 5.13s in it but yeah, it takes him a while to get to 70mph.
Old 07-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #42455
fsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shedfsbrain03 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

fsbrain03's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've had my trail rig to 75 before.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:50 PM   #42457

A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

I could see how he would need a LS1... I think I'm sticking to the 3.73s and close to stock tires. It cruses comfortably at 70. The 3.6L Pentastar they are putting in the 2013s, besides being a POS in my opinion, gives the wranglers the power they've needed for a long time.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:56 PM   #42458

The 3.6 is much better than the shitty 3.8 in his 08. He was actually contemplating trading it in for a 2013. The 3.6 sucked at first when they had the head warping problem but now that that's fixed it's the engine to have in a JK. I'm hoping he goes through with the LS1. I was scared he was going to put a Hemi in it. He wants a 5.9 6BT Cummins but he isn't going to do it.
Old 07-12-2013, 07:21 PM   #42459
sooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shedsooner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

sooner's Tacoma Gallery
Smile FOR SALE CHEAP$$$$

FOR SALE,I HAVE A SET OF TRAIN KLEIN TRAIN HORNS FOR SALE $100.00..I HAVE A POP LOCK TAILGATE LOCK FOR SALE $25.00...I HAVE A SET OF PRO COMP POLISHED SKID PLATES,FRONT END AND OIL PAN AND TRANNY.THEY WILL ONLY FIT A TACOMA WITH A 6-INCH LIFT..$100.00.I HAVE A TRUXEDO TRI-FOLD BED COVER,IT WILL FIT A LONGBED WITH OR WITHOUT AT DECK RAIL SYSTEM.ALL THIS IS 1 YEAR OLD AND CAME OFF A 2011 TACOMA 4X4 LONGBED.$125.00 WOULD LIKE LOCAL PICKUP.IM NOT ON THIS SITE MUCH,YOU CAN REACH ME AT 469-450-4329-DAVE!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Thumbnails
Texas BS Thread-image.jpg   Texas BS Thread-image-1.jpg   Texas BS Thread-image-2.jpg   Texas BS Thread-image-3.jpg  
Old 07-12-2013, 07:43 PM   #42460

Quote:
Originally Posted by achirdo View Post
Hey Zech remember the whale we saw on top of that guys shoulders last time we saw randy rogers?
Yeah; the one on top of the world's strongest man?

Products Discussed in this Thread